PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Boat Paperwork

NFCD I
09-25-2019, 07:19 AM
I fished Skinner on Tuesday. I call it fishing, most would call it a boat ride. I picked up 3 stripers and 1 LMB.

I arrived at 5:00AM and was 1st in line. As always, I had my paperwork for the boat filled out and all necessary per-paid entry cards available.

I guess there's a new sheriff in town. I was informed that they no longer accept boat paperwork that is filled out by the customer. The person at the gate has to fill it out.

How much sense does this make? This will add 2 or 3 minutes to every boat entering the lake. If I'm 10th in line, I'll have to wait 30 minutes before I can even get in.

I've seen a lot of BS when dealing with the county, but this one really pisses me off. What can it possibly hurt to have this paperwork pre-filled out when you pay your fees?

P.A.W.
09-25-2019, 07:53 AM
As my old German boss used to say "Trust is good, control is better!".

sweetfish
09-25-2019, 07:58 AM
This must have just happened. I was there on Sunday and they accepted my form pre-filled out.

NFCD I
09-25-2019, 08:02 AM
It just started yesterday. We were also told that they are supposed to check your boat for water or moisture.
The next thing we know, they'll have to tag your boat like DVL.

Fnguyen5992
09-25-2019, 10:21 PM
It just started yesterday. We were also told that they are supposed to check your boat for water or moisture.

Check the boat for water or moisture?...Thats a joke when skinner is the one with quagga muscles. 😂

NFCD I
10-01-2019, 07:29 AM
If you want to complain about the new paperwork rules, go to www.RivCoParks.org/survey and fill out the survey.
I just did it and it really does just take a minute.

muskyman
10-01-2019, 09:17 PM
moisture..................LMAO I'll give em moisture. I fished 3 lakes in one day on sunday. Pulled the boat out and drove to each one. Good thing there wasn't any moisture in my boat. ha hahahahahahahahahahahha

NFCD I
10-02-2019, 11:02 AM
moisture..................LMAO I'll give em moisture. I fished 3 lakes in one day on sunday. Pulled the boat out and drove to each one. Good thing there wasn't any moisture in my boat. ha hahahahahahahahahahahha

Did you stop and rob any liquor stores on the way. You're not helping the cause.

etucker1959
10-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Were you in California when you fished 3 lakes on Sunday? Lol

Fnguyen5992
10-02-2019, 12:02 PM
If you want to complain about the new paperwork rules, go to www.RivCoParks.org/survey and fill out the survey.
I just did it and it really does just take a minute.

Just completed the survey

drifter023
10-02-2019, 08:47 PM
NFCD I, me to just did the survey.

BassinPLS
10-10-2019, 10:32 AM
I fished Skinner on Tuesday. I call it fishing, most would call it a boat ride. I picked up 3 stripers and 1 LMB.

I arrived at 5:00AM and was 1st in line. As always, I had my paperwork for the boat filled out and all necessary per-paid entry cards available.

I guess there's a new sheriff in town. I was informed that they no longer accept boat paperwork that is filled out by the customer. The person at the gate has to fill it out.

How much sense does this make? This will add 2 or 3 minutes to every boat entering the lake. If I'm 10th in line, I'll have to wait 30 minutes before I can even get in.

I've seen a lot of BS when dealing with the county, but this one really pisses me off. What can it possibly hurt to have this paperwork pre-filled out when you pay your fees?

I agree with you 100% What a crock of S**T!

BassinPLS
10-10-2019, 10:34 AM

They've always check you boat for moisture or water when you leave. Surely, they haven't started checking upon entry when the have quagga mussels in the lake.

P.A.W.
10-10-2019, 03:41 PM
The complaints won out. They will now take forms with name, address, phone etc. pre-filled in. You still need to sign and date while the attendant observes. They don't check for moisture upon entering.... YET

BassinPLS
10-13-2019, 09:09 AM
The complaints won out. They will now take forms with name, address, phone etc. pre-filled in. You still need to sign and date while the attendant observes. They don't check for moisture upon entering.... YET

Finally.... a reasonable compliant was responded to with a reasonable solution!