PDA

View Full Version : Found these pictures from back around 2011.. I miss Irvine Lake

lvfishingdude
01-21-2019, 08:19 PM
I was going through a bunch of old pictures and came across these and thought some of you would appreciate them. I live in Las Vegas now and there is no where in Nevada that gives you a chance to catch a large trout. I wish they would figure out a way to reopen the Vine.

lvfishingdude
01-23-2019, 06:59 AM
Glad so many are taking a look at these pictures. I have grown up going to Lake Mead and 2 years in a row in the same place I caught a 34lb & 44lb striper. Both caught trolling a lucky strike lure. If anyone knows the brand, they know they aren't cheap. Just clarifiying that because if there are any trout left in Lake Mead since they stopped stocking years ago, the trout would be pushing 20+ pounds.

drifter023
01-23-2019, 08:55 PM
WOW! love them Stripers. use to fish Mead alot been a long time since I have been there. Vegas wash marina was still there. Would drive up there Friday after work launch about 1:00 am. and stay on the water till Sunday morning and head home. Would eat and drink at vegas wash marina and sleep on the boat was the good old days when lake was full of water.

lvfishingdude
01-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Both of those stripers were caught on the North end of the Lake. I am honest and tell people I caught them launch out of Echo Bay, and turn left out of the canyon, and go about 2 miles and find the cove. I call it eagle cover because during the winter there are always bald eagles there. I used to love that about Irvine Lake also. Used to see Bald Eagles out there every once in awhile. I would always get the fish in my boat as quick as I could and in the Live Well or cooler before one had the chance to steal it.

lvfishingdude
02-15-2019, 01:40 PM
Any word on the Lake Level since all the storms have come through these past couple weeks. There are more to come.

goodguy
02-19-2019, 07:41 AM
I last drove by on Friday afternoon, and the water level was still very low. The lake basically starts out in front of "trout island" still.

troutdog
02-19-2019, 06:31 PM
View from the Flats a few days ago. She's filling up, and when she re-opens one day, Team 57 will be there!

TD

lvfishingdude
02-20-2019, 08:43 PM
I hope this weather system keeps up! It is snowing/raining tonight here in Las Vegas. It is supposed to keep consistently coming down for the next 2 days. I thought global warming would make us never see snow again? Guess those "experts" are going to have to edit there scientific results...lol

Marley
02-22-2019, 01:39 PM
View from the Flats a few days ago. She's filling up, and when she re-opens one day, Team 57 will be there!

TD

That looks nice! Up about 20 feet or so, another 25 would spill it. With all that snow up above and rain still running off, that 25 feet just might happen. Too bad there's no fishing. Sure wish the SARL folks were interested.

lvfishingdude
03-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Been a little while since I asked last time but, have the storms filled Irvine Lake back up yet? Lake Mead has gone up almost a foot in less than a week. I am guessing, Irvine Lake has gone up.

goodguy
03-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Been a little while since I asked last time but, have the storms filled Irvine Lake back up yet? Lake Mead has gone up almost a foot in less than a week. I am guessing, Irvine Lake has gone up.
I drive by it most weekdays on my way home from work.
When I last looked the water was up in the main boat dock area. But not too deep...

troutdog
03-26-2019, 06:30 PM
That looks nice! Up about 20 feet or so, another 25 would spill it. With all that snow up above and rain still running off, that 25 feet just might happen. Too bad there's no fishing. Sure wish the SARL folks were interested.

I hear ya Marley....I hope you are well, it's been awhile!

TD