PDA

View Full Version : 1/20 report

karlow
01-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Its been a week and Joe and I went back to Skinner to see if we could repeat last weeks epic trout fishing.
The short answer is no. There was no repeat. Mis Pinky failed to get the job done, she failed to draw first blood! We only caught two trout and she was good for the 2nd one. Round and round we went with no love. We made a run to the BL for the usual suspects. This time they did not fail us. Today's count is 2 trout and 9 stripers. We farmed three trout and returned about 8 dinks. We found a better grade of stripers today the ones that we kept were all over 2lbs

etucker1959
01-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Nice reports! In trolling for trout, were you flat lining your lures or using leadcore?

Th3b12ainii
01-21-2019, 02:03 PM
What did you guys use to catch those strippers?

karlow
01-23-2019, 09:55 AM
We have have never had any luck there with LC. It all about flat trolling there. The first trout was on a broke back,the 2nd one was on a deep diving pinky.
As for the stripers, this is a strange lake, they will ignore chovies or deans all day long! For some reason they are crazy about chicken liver.

etucker1959
01-23-2019, 01:26 PM
We have have never had any luck there with LC. It all about flat trolling there. The first trout was on a broke back,the 2nd one was on a deep diving pinky.
As for the stripers, this is a strange lake, they will ignore chovies or deans all day long! For some reason they are crazy about chicken liver.

Flat line trolling was my favorite thing to do at Irvine lake. (I was pretty good at it too) lol