bowler
01-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Re:cast member Jon went to Florida in October and he did a little ninja fishing

https://youtu.be/24vMrmZsc0A

DarkShadow
01-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Re:cast member Jon went to Florida in October and he did a little ninja fishing

https://youtu.be/24vMrmZsc0A

That's cool, couldn't see the video, thanks to our network restrictions.

But last I checked, Disneyland in Florida has fishing available all over it's complexes...so how is this 'ninja' fishing?

bowler
01-14-2019, 06:58 PM
That's cool, couldn't see the video, thanks to our network restrictions.

But last I checked, Disneyland in Florida has fishing available all over it's complexes...so how is this 'ninja' fishing?
Well you have to pay for it. I read they have guided bass fishing

NFCD I
01-15-2019, 07:29 AM
I guess it's a good thing to show your face when doing something illegal.
That way they won't have to cut the gator open to identify the body.

bowler
01-16-2019, 03:11 PM
I guess it's a good thing to show your face when doing something illegal.
That way they won't have to cut the gator open to identify the body.

😂 I guess you don’t follow Instagram a ton of fisherman do illegal fishing aka ninja fishing

etucker1959
01-16-2019, 03:39 PM
�� I guess you don’t follow Instagram a ton of fisherman do illegal fishing aka ninja fishing

Yea, but it's not all in Florida! It's an Conservative state that has the Death penalty! You never saw the Simpson episode where Homer stayed in Florida after Spring break? A certain prized alligator was injured and the Hard arse sheriff didn't take too kindly to Yankees having illegal fun in his state! lol

bowler
01-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Yea, but it's not all in Florida! It's an Conservative state that has the Death penalty! You never saw the Simpson episode where Homer stayed in Florida after Spring break? A certain prized alligator was injured and the Hard arse sheriff didn't take too kindly to Yankees having illegal fun in his state! lol
I follow a few fishermen in Florida on Instagram and they do ninja fishing all the time

NFCD I
01-17-2019, 06:33 AM
I follow a few fishermen in Florida on Instagram and they do ninja fishing all the time

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=799475

I guess because others are doing it, it's OK. I wasn't sure what ninja fishing was all about so I looked it up in the dictionary.

I found it a few pages before poaching. Call it what you want, it's poaching.

bowler
01-17-2019, 08:53 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=799475

I guess because others are doing it, it's OK. I wasn't sure what ninja fishing was all about so I looked it up in the dictionary.

I found it a few pages before poaching. Call it what you want, it's poaching.

Don’t hate. So you never fished a spot that says no fishing before? 🤔

etucker1959
01-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Don’t hate. So you never fished a spot that says no fishing before? ��

When I was 12 maybe! When I was 17 all my buddy's thought is was cute to jump the fence and fish Lake Matthews. (I wouldn't go) They went a bunch of times and thought they were Lex Luther master criminals. They bought a map around Lake Matthews and found some side road to park their car. They thought they were so smart till they got caught. They got caught by the foot prints they left when crossing the road. Even the security guard didn't know about they side road. (so they were a little smarter but they still got caught) It wasn't so funny when they had to go to court and the see the judge.

So yea in the last 40 years I can honestly say I haven't fished where it said no fishing. What's the honor in that??? Part of my fun is finding cool places to fish! I don't want to have to look over my shoulder all day in fishing. What's the fun in that?

I'm not here to hate! But if you need to catch a fish, I'll take you to one of my legal hot spots and I'll pay for you to get in. Really you should come as my guest to Lake Wohlford and let me run the boat. I guarantee you won't think Big Bear is any kind hot trout lake after you fished Wohlford!

NFCD I
01-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Don’t hate. So you never fished a spot that says no fishing before? ��

I'm 65 years old and was brought up fishing with my dad. I can honestly say I've never fished a piece of water, private or public, illegally. I can also say, after living in the Midwest for 13 of those years, I taught my son not to be afraid to knock on someone's door and ask their permission. Not once were we ever turned away. That goes for both hunting and fishing. Having to constantly look over my shoulder would take the fun out of it for me.
I'm not a hater, I'm a believer in following the law.

bowler
01-17-2019, 10:56 AM
I'm not here to hate! But if you need to catch a fish, I'll take you to one of my legal hot spots and I'll pay for you to get in. Really you should come as my guest to Lake Wohlford and let me run the boat. I guarantee you won't think Big Bear is any kind hot trout lake after you fished Wohlford!

Well you haven’t really fished big bear lake at night then. And I don’t like pay lakes that what wohlford lake is and it only gets stocked 4 months out of the year. I’ve fished golf course ponds legally before. The last one was in Maryland back in September. I caught 3 bass in an hour biggest one was 3.5lbs. 51820

borntofish
01-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Don’t hate. So you never fished a spot that says no fishing before? 🤔

Right on! When was fishing become a crime?

NFCD I
01-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Right on! When was fishing become a crime?

Fishing legally isn't a crime. Poaching and trespassing are.

bowler
01-17-2019, 12:35 PM
Fishing legally isn't a crime. Poaching and trespassing are.

Who said ppl are poaching?????

Viejo
01-17-2019, 02:46 PM
When I was 12 maybe! When I was 17 all my buddy's thought is was cute to jump the fence and fish Lake Matthews. (I wouldn't go) They went a bunch of times and thought they were Lex Luther master criminals. They bought a map around Lake Matthews and found some side road to park their car. They thought they were so smart till they got caught. They got caught by the foot prints they left when crossing the road. Even the security guard didn't know about they side road. (so they were a little smarter but they still got caught) It wasn't so funny when they had to go to court and the see the judge.

So yea in the last 40 years I can honestly say I haven't fished where it said no fishing. What's the honor in that??? Part of my fun is finding cool places to fish! I don't want to have to look over my shoulder all day in fishing. What's the fun in that?

That offer hold for an old man that fly fishes and never has fished a pay lake?:Big Grin: I'll pay our way.....

etucker1959
01-17-2019, 06:40 PM
That offer hold for an old man that fly fishes and never has fished a pay lake?:Big Grin: I'll pay our way.....

Of course! I'll let you in on a little secret. I've made 4 great friends from FNN, both of them was fishing at Lake Wohlford on my last trip. So just hit me up.

sodapop
01-17-2019, 07:13 PM
I don't consider Lake Wohlford a pay lake. You need a fishing license and it's pretty cheap to fish.

bowler
01-17-2019, 07:48 PM
I don't consider Lake Wohlford a pay lake. You need a fishing license and it's pretty cheap to fish.

If you have to pay to fish it then that’s a pay lake

etucker1959
01-17-2019, 08:29 PM
If you have to pay to fish it then that’s a pay lake

What if it's free to fish (Lake Isabella) but they charge you to put your boat on the water. Is that a pay lake? lol

Most of the lakes in the Southern part of the state charge something. Parking, fishing permits, boat launching fees etc.

bowler
01-17-2019, 08:47 PM
What if it's free to fish (Lake Isabella) but they charge you to put your boat on the water. Is that a pay lake? lol

Most of the lakes in the Southern part of the state charge something. Parking, fishing permits, boat launching fees etc.
Most of the lakes I fish I walk into them. Big bear lake you don't have to pay to park or no fishing permits.

Nuoc Mam
01-18-2019, 10:19 AM
😂 I guess you don’t follow Instagram a ton of fisherman do illegal fishing aka ninja fishing

I like the way bowler thinks.

"Ton of fisherman do illegal fishing" So therefore I will do it as well. (It's not illegal until you get caught hahahaha)

So looks like bowler is a sheep, follows the herd (legal or not) since the herd is doing, so am I.

I honestly can say I never fished a spot that didn't allow it eventhough others were fishing it and it was a wide open bite.

Hopefully, with this post you don't get busted and fined down the road.

bowler
01-18-2019, 11:40 AM
I like the way bowler thinks.

"Ton of fisherman do illegal fishing" So therefore I will do it as well. (It's not illegal until you get caught hahahaha)

So looks like bowler is a sheep, follows the herd (legal or not) since the herd is doing, so am I.

I honestly can say I never fished a spot that didn't allow it eventhough others were fishing it and it was a wide open bite.

Hopefully, with this post you don't get busted and fined down the road.

I haven’t done anything like that in years. I’ve been doing it years before Instagram even came out. I have a few ponds back in the day I use to fish been busted a few times there all they told me was just to leave. My ninja fishing is fishing at night in legal spots.

bowler
01-18-2019, 12:15 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?31273-Last-night-solo-ninja-session&highlight=Ninja
I miss the good old days of fnn when ppl used to ninja fish all the time and post it.

NFCD I
01-18-2019, 02:55 PM
I haven’t done anything like that in years. I’ve been doing it years before Instagram even came out. I have a few ponds back in the day I use to fish been busted a few times there all they told me was just to leave. My ninja fishing is fishing at night in legal spots.

I'm missing something. If you're Ninja fishing at night in legal places, why not just call it fishing?

bowler
01-18-2019, 03:06 PM
I'm missing something. If you're Ninja fishing at night in legal places, why not just call it fishing?

Because it’s sounds better. Some of them are legal places but after hours

DarkShadow
01-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Because it’s sounds better.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qe5oD5aXjEbKw/200.gif