PDA

View Full Version : The times, they are a changin'

P.A.W.
11-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Looks like the wild and wooly boil action has made way for a more true winter pattern. There are some fish up early taking topwaters and fluke style offerings, but they aren't really boiling. Just have to pick your spots and blind cast. Shortly after sunrise they move deeper fast. No big schools either. Just smaller roving packs. I managed a limit today after 6 hours of concentrated effort. A real challenge now but worth it.

NFCD I
11-28-2018, 07:16 AM
I was out there as well yesterday and didn't have the success that Pat had. I fished from 6:15 until 12:00 and hooked one fish.
By the way, the Game Wardens were in the parking lot checking licenses, live wells, and ice chests for those that can't count.

sweetfish
11-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Thanks Pat. Hopefully these storms coming in changes the pattern again, and they will be chasing bait at the end of each arm.

karlow
11-29-2018, 07:11 PM
What are we talking LMB or Stripies?

Askwhy
11-29-2018, 07:54 PM
Yes there are changing , i went out twice this week and did not catch what I have been catching but I must say it was a fun month and a half .

P.A.W.
11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
What are we talking LMB or Stripies?

Sorry, I mainly target stripers.

socal_rob
11-30-2018, 08:01 PM
Hey guys, quick question, Is the inlet any good for stripers at this time? Would trolling mid - shallow be a good option as well? Any tip will be appreciated

P.A.W.
12-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, quick question, Is the inlet any good for stripers at this time? Would trolling mid - shallow be a good option as well? Any tip will be appreciated

The inlet has been oddly quiet lately, even with the water flowing in at a decent rate. After 7:30 or 8 am trolling is where it's at. Where is a crap shoot. On Friday they weren't where they had been for the last 2 weeks so it took some searching. Just use your sonar and keep an eye open. Oh, socal_rob you have a PM

Jhondayang
12-01-2018, 08:13 PM
One word for today........SHAD!!!!

P.A.W.
12-02-2018, 06:15 AM
One word for today........SHAD!!!!

Amazing what the return of shad to the lake will do. The average size of schoolies has almost doubled in just a couple months and brought fish to a predictable area.

Jhondayang
12-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Amazing what the return of shad to the lake will do. The average size of schoolies has almost doubled in just a couple months and brought fish to a predictable area.

No doubt about that. This whole year I’ve been metering bait balls all over the lake, but it was in deeper water. I do hope that they’re repopulating and the return of the shad will be like it once was about 5-6 years ago to where boats were chasing shad ripples instead of boils. Lol
PAW, were you out yesterday also? I’d like to meet you one day, sir. My son and I are in a tracker pro 170, with stickers all over the the windshield of the boat. Lol. And yes, two asian guys (father and son).

P.A.W.
12-02-2018, 09:40 AM
No doubt about that. This whole year I’ve been metering bait balls all over the lake, but it was in deeper water. I do hope that they’re repopulating and the return of the shad will be like it once was about 5-6 years ago to where boats were chasing shad ripples instead of boils. Lol
PAW, were you out yesterday also? I’d like to meet you one day, sir. My son and I are in a tracker pro 170, with stickers all over the the windshield of the boat. Lol. And yes, two asian guys (father and son).

I was there on Friday. I'll keep an eye out for you guys and say HI when I see you.

Fnguyen5992
12-09-2018, 05:14 PM
I was there on Friday. I'll keep an eye out for you guys and say HI when I see you.

Pat have u been out lately? I went last weds n did Fairly well. Then I talked to someone that was out there today and nothing...

P.A.W.
12-09-2018, 06:56 PM
I was out Friday. Kinda slow but I managed to pick away at them here and there. No real pattern that I could determine.