PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave

moray
11-04-2018, 05:39 AM
Hi all, I might have the opportunity to go fishing for 2 or 3 days next week. I was thinking of trying Mohave for the first time. I would be targeting LMB & SMB. My question,is it worth traveling there for bass this time of year? I can’t seem to find much info on fall bass fishing this lake. If yes, any tips on areas or baits? Thanks Ray

drifter023
11-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Did you go?

moray
11-17-2018, 05:19 AM
Yes I did go. My plan was to get there Monday in the early afternoon and leave Thursday afternoon. I had a blowout on my trailer and got there too late to fish.I fished all day Tuesday and did ok. I got 7 smallmouth. All keepers but nothing that big. I only fished until noon on Wednesday. The weather was calling for strong winds by afternoon and blowing 30 to 40 overnight and Thursday. I got 4 smallmouth,the biggest was 4lbs. I packed up and went home Wednesday afternoon. It seemed like I was the only one fishing for bass. Most boats were trolling. I could never really come up with a pattern for the bass. I caught fish shallow and deep.I got almost all fish on a dropshot with a Robo worm. It’s a cool lake and I will definitely go back.

drifter023
11-17-2018, 08:06 AM
moray, Thanks for the reply most troll there for stripers. I do like the lake there but the wind always seems to be blowing hard there every time I have been there.
Did you go out from cottonwood?

moray
11-17-2018, 01:06 PM
Yes. I stayed in the motel there. They have a fisherman’s special from November to March. A room for 2 nights and a slip for around $140. Everyone there was very friendly. I don’t know much about striper fishing and I really don’t care much for trolling. I did talk to a couple that said they got into a school of good sized stripers and slayed them casting swimbaits and topwaters,now that I can do! I can handle some wind but 30-40 is too much for me!

drifter023
11-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Ya wind sucks but always seems to blow there thanks again for reply might after try it there again with that deal on the motel room and slip.