PDA

View Full Version : Ornery Tubes - proof of concept

Ornery Bob
10-21-2018, 01:26 PM
For some reason, I've always thought of tube baits as fresh water baits. But that's pretty silly considering that a bait fish is a bait fish no matter what flavor the water is and so if you're doing bait fish presentations, then tubes should work just as well in the salt as they do in the fresh.

But I've always thought eyes were an important feature, so I decided to get some fish eyes and glue them to some tube baits and see what happens. What happened is I caught fish!

There's nothing new or revolutionary here, I'm just sharing the stoke. It's extra fun to catch fish on baits you make yourself!

https://youtu.be/fkGdFIeTpcY

TUNAVIC
10-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Well Bob,I guess the proof is in the “pulling”Ha,ha,nice going,I’ve used larger tubes in much deeper water 70-90’and they work well there also,especially on the bottom dwellers,thanks for the vid!

Cya Tuna Vic

bedrock
10-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Hi ornery Bob;

I have been enjoying your videos. I have been thinking about trying this technique. Your thoughts on float tube opposed to pontoon?

Dave

Ornery Bob
10-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Hi Dave, I answered in more detail in your pm, but whatever gets you out there works for me!

I like tubes because they're super easy to store and setup. My tube and all my gear fits in a duffel bag. It stores in a closet and gets to the water in the trunk of a compact car.