PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Kencor SP4V or SP4HV

LoveR
10-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Looking to buy an ultralight, a trout ultra light rod to replace the one I broke. Most likely the older the Kencor the better, mine was from when I was a youngin’ either way let know what you have available. It was either a SP4V and SP4HV but would consider all models for trout fishing it’s not that particular

LoveR
10-20-2018, 07:01 AM
Check your stashes

etucker1959
10-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Check your stashes

I've checked mine and I've got 4. However, I won't part with any of them till I'm dead! lol I love them too! I bought my first one in the 1980's (a zebra) and lost it at SARL. I then bought 3 of them in the late 1990's. (a perfect P/B rod for my boat) I always wanted to replace the zebra I lost. I even had Bob (owner at Sav'on tackle) order me one from the factory. He did and it came back as some graphite monstrosity. It was an ok trolling pole, but I lost it at SARL too!

I then for years put up at my favorite coffee and donut shop with this big loud mouth fishermen. He told more whoopers then Trump! lol Then 2 years ago I was talking too him about my favorite trout rods. I told him I liked Kencor's and wished I could find another zebra like the one I lost years ago. He said, "I have one and it's for sale." A zebra I asked?? Yep he said. I didn't believe him, but if he had one, I would pay him $100 for the rod. He said, he would bring it the next day. Sure enough the next day he made some excuse for not bring it. Just what I thought!

I then tried to avoid the place for the next 2 months. He then caught me in the Super Market a couple of months later and said he could bring the rod tomorrow to the donut shop. I said ok but not expecting much! The next day I meet him there and he shood me the rod. Oh my God it's a zebra in perfect shape! It was the ultra light version but I didn't care. I had to play it soo cool because I really wanted it now!

I'm a Real Estate agent and the first rule of negotiations is, "if one party turns down a fair offer and then comes back to the table later." The offer is reduced! So would you take $75 dollars for the rod was my new counter offer? (I would have paid $100 or more) He accepted it and now I have 4 Kencor's. That pole was nick named the Barbie pole because it's so small by my friend Phil. Little did he know at the time but it became a major fish killer since I got it!

I didn't just tell you this story to waste your time! But I'll try to track down Mr. Whopper teller to see if he has any more Kencor's to sell.