PDA

View Full Version : My first catch

wannabeafisher
10-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Hello All,

Went hooping last Friday the SB Pier. It was fun, not much action anywhere on the pier but for the first time hooping this worked out to be a fun event.

Here is a pick of the little spidy crab that I caught.

I did not eat it, But I was able to get a few pics of it. By the way can you eat this type of crab, and if yes, how do you clean it up so that it would task OK.[attachment=0:44cd5]Oct 18 Crab_2.JPG[/attachment:44cd5]

Maybe later in the season the catches will be better. I would really like to catch a bug or two.

Regards,
Wannabe

Wildhorse1966
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
nice job

steam it and eat it like any crab ... i love eating them but alot of people dont like them because they are ugly ..

i usually mix lime with salt and pepper and use it as a dipping sauce ... i do the same with any crab or lobster

CFou
10-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Where is SB pier?

servant joe
10-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Where is SB pier?

It is Seal Beach pier my friend.

Yes, you just eat it with butter, salt, and pepper. Next to it is a bottom of red wine or a glass of water. That is me. Water is the best.

Enjoy :D

Fisher-of-Men
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
nice job

steam it and eat it like any crab ... i love eating them but alot of people dont like them because they are ugly ..

i usually mix lime with salt and pepper and use it as a dipping sauce ... i do the same with any crab or lobster

Ugly is not the Word! That thing is scary! :shock:

Fisher-of-Men

ahhvtec
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
That thing is actually really good and meat is sweet! Hell of alot of work to get to it but it is good for sure. This time of year they are small, just wait til later in the seaon they get much bigger.

Duc

lucky catch
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
That one is a girl. The claw is kind of a small square. Boy spider crabs have claws that are 2 to 3 times that size and more oval shaped. If you look at the underneath side of the girl crab you will see a large triangular part of the shell where they hide their eggs. Male crabs have a small triangle.

Don't waste your time with the females, but the large males have a lot of meat. :D :D :D

bighuff
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
that was a fun night with wannabe, does anyone know of any good piers to go to

CoffeaRobusta
10-28-2007, 07:41 AM
Hello All,

Went hooping last Friday the SB Pier. It was fun, not much action anywhere on the pier but for the first time hooping this worked out to be a fun event.

Here is a pick of the little spidy crab that I caught.

I did not eat it, But I was able to get a few pics of it. By the way can you eat this type of crab, and if yes, how do you clean it up so that it would task OK.[attachment=0:473a5]Oct 18 Crab_2.JPG[/attachment:473a5]

Maybe later in the season the catches will be better. I would really like to catch a bug or two.

Regards,
Wannabe

Hey it wwas fun meeting you out there that night wannbe. Sorry you didn't catch more than that. let me know if you ever wanna hit up the pier again.