PDA

View Full Version : Good striper action off the dock

bowler
07-18-2018, 10:01 PM
So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.
https://youtu.be/BqMVdfS_V5Q

CHUCKY
07-19-2018, 09:53 PM
So me and my friend went out 2 weekends in a row the first weekend went on my boat got nothing but a bad sunburn. Weekend 2 we went on the dock and did good on stripers and one good catfish. The very first comment was someone left a rascal slur. Uncalled for.

That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. That’s total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. I’ve never fished off the dock there at the wood. It’s a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.

bowler
07-19-2018, 11:13 PM
That you tube comment was totally uncalled for. That’s total bs. Keep your videos coming. Your videos are cool. I’ve never fished off the dock there at the wood. It’s a tuff lake for me. I have had luck in the past but not lately.

I know it was uncalled for. Do you have any recipes to cook dogs? Lol

seal
07-20-2018, 09:53 AM
I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....

TUNAVIC
07-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,I’ve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

bowler
07-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Nice vid guys,looked like a relaxing way to fish,I’ve only eaten striper once and thought it was pretty good,is there a size limit? Ok take care, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Down here there is none. But the limit is 10.

bowler
07-21-2018, 02:40 PM
I looked at some of those comments. The lake is getting overrun with stripers? LOL the lake is and has been overloaded with stripers and since they decided to put a general warning on striper consumption many think they shouldn't eat any. Use to be we just tossed the schoolies up on shore for the bobcats, bears and other wildlife to eat, use to be I'd never do that now.....
I remember when skinner had no limit on schoolies. But that was back in the 90s

sodapop
07-22-2018, 06:26 PM

I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?

bowler
07-23-2018, 12:39 AM
I love fishing the Silverwood docks, caught lots of stripers. However it seems like half of them get wrapped up the cables that hold up the dock. Is there any advice on how to avoid this?

We were just dropping straight down off the dock. Are you talking about the cable that is a few off the dock when you reel in your line?

seal
07-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.

sodapop
07-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Sounds like someone was fishing in the no fishing area. In general boat docks are off limits and that's where the biggest chance at getting caught on cables is but they are in the corners also but those are labeled no fishing also. Not judging if you were fishing the docks but the new guy out there is less forgiving than the old workers.
No I was fishing in the legal spot

seal
07-23-2018, 12:05 PM
No I was fishing in the legal spot

Too bad that's where the real fishing is, lol. I get a waver and yep I've lost a swimbait or 2 to those damn cables!

jonshibata1
07-24-2018, 05:16 PM
You've obviously never been there. You can pay a couple of bucks to fish off the docks. But I wouldn't keep or eat anything from there. They have warnings out about fish consumption from that lake.

bowler
07-28-2018, 06:31 PM

At silverwood lake you are allowed to fish the docks. They opened up the ends now before you couldn’t fish the ends

seal
08-06-2018, 07:43 AM
At silverwood lake you are allowed to fish the docks. They opened up the ends now before you couldn’t fish the ends

Interesting the ends have no fishing signs the docks where boats are have no fishing signs, but I guess I must be misinterpreting those signs.

seal
08-06-2018, 07:49 AM
You've obviously never been there. You can pay a couple of bucks to fish off the docks. But I wouldn't keep or eat anything from there. They have warnings out about fish consumption from that lake.

Lol!!!!! The “docks” that you pay to fish with include only the furthest most dock that faces the open water and channel area. Now years gone by that was not exactly completely enforced. There most every day, lol I’ve never been there, thanks for the laugh!

etucker1959
08-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Lol!!!!! The “docks” that you pay to fish with include only the furthest most dock that faces the open water and channel area. Now years gone by that was not exactly completely enforced. There most every day, lol I’ve never been there, thanks for the laugh!

Your answer's are normally "very clear!" (This one was pretty hard to follow) But I guess it's pretty hard to type while your completely laughing your arse off!!! Maybe one day this guy will comment on one of my park catfish threads and ask me, "If I ever caught a park catfish before?" lol If the guy didn't know, I've caught between 8,000- 10,000 park catfish in my life!