PDA

View Full Version : The Sears Store

old pudd fisher
05-31-2018, 10:08 PM
Looks like Sears is not doing very well these days and our closing some more stores. Hope they stay around, I always liked Sears as for back as the 1950s when I was a kid. I loved their tools and years ago they even had a hunting and fishing department in their stores and even sold guns. In 1971 I bought my first ultra lite fishing rod there it was a Ted Williams model. Oh well changing times.51115

EL JEFE
06-03-2018, 08:39 AM
it is sad, for a variety of reasons, as they continue to close stores....following the foot steps of Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, SH Kress, Gemco, Two Guys, etc
Changing times for sure.....brick and mortar stores appear to be facing an upward battle against online sales. Unless these B&M stores can provide on the spot selection and lower prices, which for the most part, they can not, only a few will be left in the next 10-20 years or so. We live in a fast past-paced society and economy...people want their items NOW!

It appears that WalMart and Amazon may be the last two fighters standing!

DarkShadow
06-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Economic Darwinism happening before our very eyes.

While we can wax nostalgic, what do people feel or think about brick and mortars becoming a thing of the past?

I know people who complain about "Amazon taking over!" yet have a Prime account with them.