PDA

View Full Version : Report and comment

Brent
05-24-2018, 08:13 AM
The report is the same. Went to Perris last weekend and scratched all day for a few 1-3# fish,. Nothing really noteworthy.
What I did notice however was jet skis, wake boarders and gas burners speeding through the trees on the east end with people fishing less than a hundred feet away. Some in kayaks and some in tubes. When I mentioned it on the way out that someone is going to get injured or killed, she just said that she would tell the ranger, but it was going on right in view from the ranger tower. She also said it wasn't supposed to open to all water craft until Memorial Day too.
I don't understand why they can't make the very back newly flooded east end a no wake zone for fishing and allow the PWC's to go around the island, just not into the back at speed.
The idiots that do this are not the brightest and best.

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 08:40 AM
The report is the same. Went to Perris last weekend and scratched all day for a few 1-3# fish,. Nothing really noteworthy.
What I did notice however was jet skis, wake boarders and gas burners speeding through the trees on the east end with people fishing less than a hundred feet away. Some in kayaks and some in tubes. When I mentioned it on the way out that someone is going to get injured or killed, she just said that she would tell the ranger, but it was going on right in view from the ranger tower. She also said it wasn't supposed to open to all water craft until Memorial Day too.
I don't understand why they can't make the very back newly flooded east end a no wake zone for fishing and allow the PWC's to go around the island, just not into the back at speed.
The idiots that do this are not the brightest and best.

We saw the same thing last weekend. If somebody get injured or killed, Perris will be liable. You could find at least 100 witnesses on this site that could corroborate this. We were in the newly submerged trees in the North end, and there were fools going in and out of them. This was well outside the buoy lines. We yelled at them to no avail. I have not seen a single patrol in our around the Island, or anywhere for that matter. It's only a matter of time.

BassinPLS
05-24-2018, 09:31 AM
What happened to the 5 mph speed limit along the westend of the island??!!

As far as I know, it has always been there since they lowered the water level. Perris needs to start issuing violation and fines for the idiots that don't have any consideration of others on the water.

Pete Marino
05-24-2018, 10:02 AM
It is now legal to go on plane around the entire Island counter clockwise..
They moved the buoys a few weeks ago and opened it up.

I think they need to pull the buoy line out much further because I saw a lot of boats and jet skis flying through dangerous areas with brush and rocks.. And they were getting extremely close to the fisherman who are minding their own business..
Add to that the knuckleheads that have no clue about boating safety, the lake rotation, or other boating rules and its a recipe for disaster..

Pete

DarkShadow
05-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Add to that the knuckleheads that have no clue about boating safety, the lake rotation, or other boating rules and its a recipe for disaster.

The worst part is that they hold other people's lives in their hands, so we can't just let Darwin sort that one person out.

BALLERONBUDGET
05-24-2018, 10:51 AM
A friend in our boating group died there about 1995.
Stand up Kawasaki ski stalled , only to be nailed by passing boat. Ski sank,body
Mutilated and missing an arm ripped off

Traumatizing to all who witnessed/involved. and then u gotta call parents and
Plan funeral all that sad stuff

Be careful everyone. !! Season just starting and Unfortunately more accidents will occur...

Hoot951
05-24-2018, 11:22 AM
It's a disaster waiting to happen. They should have just left the backside of the island and east end to fishermen. The racers already have a 70% of the lake the dam to the island.

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 11:31 AM
It's a disaster waiting to happen. They should have just left the backside of the island and east end to fishermen. The racers already have a 70% of the lake the dam to the island.

The buoy line now extends around the entire lake. I do not know if that means you can go around the entire lake, but I presume it does. Does anybody know who we can complain to. An email, phone number, website? I don't mind them having fun, but many have respect for no one!

kenmitch
05-24-2018, 12:29 PM
I fish the lake from my kayak at least once a week, sometimes twice and the rising water level and warmer weather do tend to bring the idiots out. Last week I was looped by some a-holes water skiing. They were probably 50yds away from me. I don't go to the lake on weekends.

When I was there Tuesday they were working on a buoy line around the east end of the island it looked like.

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 01:27 PM
I fish the lake from my kayak at least once a week, sometimes twice and the rising water level and warmer weather do tend to bring the idiots out. Last week I was looped by some a-holes water skiing. They were probably 50yds away from me. I don't go to the lake on weekends.

When I was there Tuesday they were working on a buoy line around the east end of the island it looked like.

It looked completed on Saturday. That's a shame.

bowler
05-24-2018, 03:40 PM
I found this on their website

Misfitdog
05-24-2018, 06:59 PM
Welcome back to the Lake Perris of the 90's and 2000's .. Prepare for the people to flock back to Perris with the raising water , the Power Cove lot 11-12 ramp will re open to jet skis and small craft and the jet boat races to come back now . As far as someone saying Lake Perris is responsible for incidents that is incorrect the lake is state owned and they will be the responsible party . Have to remember yes we as fisherman love the lake , but it is not about us during the summer months it is about the private pleasure boaters and families that bring huge revenue to the lake . Back in the 90's Perris was the second highest earning park in the state of CA .

Be prepared to deal with non educated boaters and drinking on the water , if your on a boat , a kayak or a float tube like myself you have to be prepared and keep your head on a swivel . Be Safe guys and gals on the water as the patrol boats cannot be every where on the water, but they will be out .

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Welcome back to the Lake Perris of the 90's and 2000's .. Prepare for the people to flock back to Perris with the raising water , the Power Cove lot 11-12 ramp will re open to jet skis and small craft and the jet boat races to come back now . As far as someone saying Lake Perris is responsible for incidents that is incorrect the lake is state owned and they will be the responsible party . Have to remember yes we as fisherman love the lake , but it is not about us during the summer months it is about the private pleasure boaters and families that bring huge revenue to the lake . Back in the 90's Perris was the second highest earning park in the state of CA .

Be prepared to deal with non educated boaters and drinking on the water , if your on a boat , a kayak or a float tube like myself you have to be prepared and keep your head on a swivel . Be Safe guys and gals on the water as the patrol boats cannot be every where on the water, but they will be out .

I think we're all aware Perris is a state park. I never said the lake was about us, all I asked for is a little common courtesy. I have have yet to see a single patrol boat this year. If you go to Silverwood , you'll see them throughout the year no matter how many boats are on the water. Why the difference? While the summer months may be about pleasure boating, Perris needs the fishermen clientele. There would be no one in the off months without us.

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 08:14 PM
That picture is not current.

MillsapBoyz
05-24-2018, 08:15 PM
I found this on their website

HuskerRod
05-24-2018, 09:43 PM
I noticed that myself, Brent. I figured the east end was no wake. About the time I thought I had it all figured out a jet boat and an armada of jet skies came flying in full throttle. Patrols are out there. They were at least the night they gave me a $350 ticket for fishing in a boat beyond closing time as i was engaged in a battle royal with a catfish.

THIS weekend should be zoo central at perris. Drunks, rookie drivers, you name it, it will be there

bowler
05-24-2018, 10:00 PM

Well perris needs to update it then.

noleash
05-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Can you imagine how much nasty PISS is going to be in that lake come mid summer! :LOL:

noleash
05-27-2018, 06:06 AM
Can you imagine how much nasty PISS is going to be in that lake come mid summer! :LOL:

Actually not funny at all ... Few years ago I jumped in the water to cool off while fishing along the dam ... Less than 24 hours later had to go to urgent care for a small wallnut growing from my lymph nodes below my ear ... Doctor told me it was from swimming in high bacteria leveled water and was common with people who swim in nasty Lake Perris! Be careful at the lake and be courteous of others. :Cool:

MillsapBoyz
05-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Anybody itching to get out that doesn't want to deal with the crowds ought to try the San Diego Lakes. My son and I went to Lower Otay yesterday, and we caught 34. Nothing huge, but it was a blast.

bowler
05-27-2018, 01:15 PM

That is how the water warms up. It’s not from the sun. 😂

Misfitdog
05-28-2018, 08:16 PM
and here we go , non supervised child : There was a little girl, 9 yo African American, missing from Lake Perris. After about 45 mins later after the search was called she was “found” and an ambulance speeds off to the hospital , sadly the little girl was DOA to the hospital .. my heart goes out to this family ... should see the story tomorrow more then likely

karalm
05-29-2018, 06:14 AM
and here we go , non supervised child : There was a little girl, 9 yo African American, missing from Lake Perris. After about 45 mins later after the search was called she was “found” and an ambulance speeds off to the hospital , sadly the little girl was DOA to the hospital .. my heart goes out to this family ... should see the story tomorrow more then likely

The summer starts and the idiots reign, here we go!
See link:
https://www.pe.com/2018/05/28/girl-hospitalized-after-nearly-drowning-at-lake-perris-recreation-area/

Misfitdog
05-29-2018, 12:53 PM
Sad to see a young life taking , in the boating area of the power cove in a no swimming area . no life guards and parents not paying attention

Brent
06-01-2018, 10:21 AM
The buoy line now extends around the entire lake. I do not know if that means you can go around the entire lake, but I presume it does. Does anybody know who we can complain to. An email, phone number, website? I don't mind them having fun, but many have respect for no one!

The main problem is simply the complete and total lack of respect MB.