PDA

View Full Version : Went out again into the hills for wild trout... [ video ]

carpanglerdude
05-23-2018, 07:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBhFafC76Q

Enjoy! Mix of conventional fishing and fly fishing, all at a local secret stream.

Simply a blast!

Tatanka
05-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Thanks for sharing, do those local creeks dry up during the summer months?
Most of the local mountains I imagine do, if its anywhere near San Gabriel Mtns..

Viejo
05-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks for sharing, do those local creeks dry up during the summer months?
Most of the local mountains I imagine do, if its anywhere near San Gabriel Mtns..

Many do. Most of our locals are skinny after years of drought or being ravaged by fire. The Angeles has been affected more then most. The other factor is water temperature. Many will exceed 70 degrees and catching can create lactic acid build up by playing fish. Barbless hooks and keeping the fish wet add to survival. We quit fishing the locals when the water gets to 60 and move up to the Sierras for our stream fishing.

TUNAVIC
05-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Very nice video,nice to see local areas like that still exist and produce,I also commend you on the way you handle and release those fragile fish,don’t blame you for keeping those spots close to the vest!

Cya Tuna Vic

Brummitt
07-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Very nice D-Bal Max results (https://www.villagevoice.com/2021/06/30/d-bal-max-review/) video,nice to see local areas like that still exist and produce,I also commend you on the way you handle and release those fragile fish,don’t blame you for keeping those spots close to the vest!

Cya Tuna Vic

Don't get me wrong, the fishing content is great too, but that 4k quality looks crisp! Awesome stuff, carpanglerdude! What camera are you using to capture it?

AleidaWilla
07-17-2018, 06:39 AM
amazing video and quality, beatifull trout, what camera did you use?

Iflyforcarp
07-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Awesome video. Thank you for sharing. Haven't been out there in a while. Good to see nice flow and healthy chubby lil ones.