PDA

View Full Version : Sharks

BJBurbage
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
I am going out this saturday, I think to something called the 14 mile mark. I'm prolly wrong about that. We're going to be doing some Mako and Thresher Shark fishing. Just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom or technique. Any chance of catching anything other than a shark? And does anyone know if i am right about the place we're heading too? I'll be coming out of Newport Harbor if that is helpful to anyone.

Thanks
Bradley Joe

pyronut
10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey there, out of Newport the 14 mile bank is a really great place to fish for sharks. Theone thing to remember is you can not have enough chum or bait out there. If you can keep the blues off your line I have seen and caught some really big makos out there when I was living there. If you hook a Thrasher be careful of that damn tail :evil: . Been hit a few times not paying attention. There is really not a lot else to ctch out there unless you see some surface action. I have seen small schools of Yellowfin out there.... Good luck and have a blast :banana:

BJBurbage
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks, that gets me excited.

sesgia
10-24-2007, 12:12 AM
kool sound fun i want to go too and test out my new toy (very first gloomis prototype pelagic) and i heard night time is the best

KaliDawgFan
10-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I hear noodling for makos is the new in thing.

chris
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
noodling for sharks sounds like it'll cost an arm or a leg

one_leg
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I would just ask that you C&R all that you do not plan on eating.

noodling for sharks sounds like it'll cost an arm or a leg

DON'T DO IT!!!!! Bradley, it ain't worth it.

One_Leg