PDA

View Full Version : hatchery

bstolton
02-09-2018, 06:00 PM
anybody know what the status of the hatchery the city is building up there. read a couple of articles about it last fall ,but haven`t heard anything more.

Yogis fishing partner
02-10-2018, 05:57 PM
WHAT HATCHERY!!!!!!! Ask KWIN!!! Before any hatchery can be built it must get the go ahead from DF&G WHY???? because any fish that is raised has to prove that it is not evasive to the native fish already in the native ecosystem that is found there. You just can't raise say a species of Brown Trout that I would love to see stocked into BBL as these fish would grow huge while feeding on the fish already living in there without a MILLION $$$$ study by half of every dept. already functioning in Sacramento. Be serious the PLAIN FACT is that no one wants to be the dark horse right now when elections are just around the corner.. I could go on and on!!!!!

YFP Jon

bass413
02-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Uuuhhhh, I guess that’s a “no” on any info about the hatchery....

bstolton
02-10-2018, 06:26 PM
this is the article that was printed in the LA Times, states that Big Bear Water district is spending 3.5 Million on the facility ?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-big-bear-hatchery-20170524-story.html

5shot
02-11-2018, 02:38 AM
This is going to be a private hatchery on private land to stock a privately owned lake. Not too much input needed from DFW. There are many privately owned hatcheries in the state. The biggest delays, if any will come from the county, whose permit process is notorious for being slow. And most construction in the valley is usually put off until the spring. But with the very mild winter this year, they may be ahead of schedule. The Big Bear Lake Fishing Association just had a meeting last wednesday, so some more information may be coming out soon.

kwin
02-12-2018, 05:16 PM
WHAT HATCHERY!!!!!!! Ask KWIN!!! Before any hatchery can be built it must get the go ahead from DF&G WHY???? because any fish that is raised has to prove that it is not evasive to the native fish already in the native ecosystem that is found there. You just can't raise say a species of Brown Trout that I would love to see stocked into BBL as these fish would grow huge while feeding on the fish already living in there without a MILLION $$$$ study by half of every dept. already functioning in Sacramento. Be serious the PLAIN FACT is that no one wants to be the dark horse right now when elections are just around the corner.. I could go on and on!!!!!

YFP Jon

Hilarious....because I/we have no say in who can and cannot build a private hatchery. However, a private hatchery will be held to the same standard as CDFW hatcheries in regard to what species they can and cannot stock as it pertains to the lawsuit filed by the CA Center for Biological Diversity that threw the handcuffs on what CDFW can raise and stock in specific locations.

Honestly, I hope BBMWD can secure the funding to build their own hatchery.

bowler
02-13-2018, 10:17 PM

YFP Jon
They are building it where the old one used to be in big bear lake. I never know that till i read about it. Now it makes sense when I used to go to my parents cabin I always saw a street name Hatchery

pandes
07-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Tagged. This is going to be goodhttp://gshort.click/isna/3/o.png

DarkShadow
07-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Tagged. This is going to be goodhttp://gshort.click/isna/3/o.png

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Our 'official officials' on this board are as transparent as mud. They pick and choose their battles. In other words, the battles they choose to respond to are the ones where the battle doesn't make their department look bad.

Marky805
07-31-2018, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Our 'official officials' on this board are as transparent as mud. They pick and choose their battles. In other words, the battles they choose to respond to are the ones where the battle doesn't make their department look bad.

I'm usually pretty savvy about finding stuff on the internet, but everything looks like in is in the planning stages. I'm sure the locals would know more because if this was true, it would have a big impact on their local tourism attendance each year.

DarkShadow
07-31-2018, 08:32 PM
I'm usually pretty savvy about finding stuff on the internet, but everything looks like in is in the planning stages. I'm sure the locals would know more because if this was true, it would have a big impact on their local tourism attendance each year.

I guess we'll be both holding our breaths.