PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore Bass

Boudroux
02-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.

https://i.imgur.com/MBWlboQl.jpg

bowler
02-08-2018, 01:41 PM
There is wipers in that lake too

etucker1959
02-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Snuck out this morning for a couple hours and fished my home lake, Elsinore. I've not caught a bass here before until this morning. I was actually trying for what I believed to be a school of crappie I saw on the electronics. I quickly tied on a float and maribu crappie jig and within a couple minutes landed this guy. Never did catch a crappie.

In the 15 years I've lived here I wasn't sure there was much more then catfish here as that is the only thing we have ever caught.

https://i.imgur.com/MBWlboQl.jpg

They keep stocking warm water fish several times a year to improve the fishery. That guy might be a result of the city's efforts to improve the fishing.

Brent
02-08-2018, 06:16 PM
There are Lake Elsinore bass fishing clubs I believe as well.

TUNAVIC
02-08-2018, 06:53 PM
We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

Cya Tuna Vic

etucker1959
02-08-2018, 07:07 PM
We used to catch some “really” big crappie there!

Cya Tuna Vic

Besides some of them being really good size, "I remember catching some of the Blackist Black Crappies I ever caught." They were so beautiful, "I C&R every one of them!!"

sodapop
02-08-2018, 08:59 PM
There is wipers in that lake too

I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.

bowler
02-08-2018, 09:36 PM
I use to see wipers caught all the time, haven't seen any caught in the last couple of years.

Same here. I’ve seen some ppl take baskets full of the small wipers.

etucker1959
02-09-2018, 06:27 AM

For what I understand they are no longer being stocked. What's interesting about wipers, they are usually stocked to control over populations of bait fish. Their mouths are in such a way they won't prey as much on more desirable fish. (such as stocked trout) They are a hybrid so they are not suppose to reproduce. (yes I know about Irvine Lake) So if they stop stocking them, that fishery will die.