PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for a rubber fishing net?

etucker1959
02-04-2018, 01:47 PM
With Spring time almost here, "I'm getting all my tackle ready in advance." I plan on C&R as many fish as I legally can! So I was reading a rubber net is highly recommended for even the most sensitive of fish. So does any care to offer any advice on where to look on line or in person? Any tips would be welcomed!

lucky1
02-04-2018, 07:46 PM
The Fred Hall show in Long Beach would be a good place to find one. Turner's usually has them available in their retail area at the show.

https://www.fredhall.com/long-beach/

TUNAVIC
02-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Only problem with F/H show is,plan on spending $40 just for parking and entrance,unless your already planning to go there,I suggest on line.

Cya Tuna Vic

etucker1959
02-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Only problem with F/H show is,plan on spending $40 just for parking and entrance,unless your already planning to go there,I suggest on line.

Cya Tuna Vic

I'll probably do both. I really didn't think of the Fred Hall show, but I like to go there for a lot of others reasons. So adding a Rubber net is just one more reason to go. I'm hoping to do a lot of C&R on LMB this season. A net at some of the Big Bass lakes is suppose to be a big no no.

P.A.W.
02-05-2018, 06:04 AM
Wal-Mart. They have a nice Frabill net with an extendable handle. I've boated hundreds of strippers in the 2 plus years I've had mine. Real easy to untangle your triple treble hooks.

etucker1959
02-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Wal-Mart. They have a nice Frabill net with an extendable handle. I've boated hundreds of strippers in the 2 plus years I've had mine. Real easy to untangle your triple treble hooks.

I like that idea!!! (Thanks)

DarkShadow
02-05-2018, 11:49 AM
I've got this one. The only thing it's boated was a surly 'possum that was at the bottom of my trash can one night that I had to fish out.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71DsETy7GhL._SL1500_.jpg

It hasn't boated any strippers yet, so the probability of a venereal disease is quite low.

Make me an offer!

Ornery Bob
02-05-2018, 01:42 PM
I use an Ed Cumings rubber net. Very well made and they come in lots of sizes. Rubber Landing Nets (http://cumingsnets.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61&page=1)

etucker1959
02-05-2018, 03:39 PM
I use an Ed Cumings rubber net. Very well made and they come in lots of sizes. Rubber Landing Nets (http://cumingsnets.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61&page=1)

I'll definitely check them out. (thanks)

DarkShadow
02-06-2018, 11:36 AM
I'll definitely check them out. (thanks)

I'm serious about my offer eTucks, and I gave full disclosure that the only thing that net has netted was a 'possum. It's just taking up space.

I'll sell it to you for $1, plus S&H, unless you want to drive to the barrio to pick it up.

Order within the next 20 minutes and I'll throw in:

(1) Jose Canseco Topps Rookie Card
(1) New Tru Tungsten Lipless Crankbait, Crawdad colored.
(1) 6" used Roboworm, Maarten's Madness colored.
(1) Lightly used Girls Gone Wild VHS cassette.

DarkShadow
02-06-2018, 11:38 AM
I'm serious about my offer eTucks, and I gave full disclosure that the only thing that net has netted was a 'possum. It's just taking up space.

I'll sell it to you for $1, plus S&H, unless you want to drive to the barrio to pick it up.

Nevermind about that Jose Canseco Rookie Card, as I just looked up the price on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/i/161087158882?chn=ps).

HuskerRod
02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
I tried to save a whole pack of possum stuck in the dumpster at Perris one time with a net............damn ratz tried to bite me so I stuck a stick in there diagonally and walked away. Came back later and the pack was gone. For that act of valor can I get first dibs on the "Girls Gone Wild" tapes

DarkShadow
02-06-2018, 02:16 PM
For that act of valor can I get first dibs on the "Girls Gone Wild" tapes

I also have a Pimps Up, Ho's Down VHS that i can also throw in there. I think I also have a vintage copy of The Goonies, and Stand By Me, all VHS.

At this point, I need to get rid of some ASSets.

You want a rubber fishing net?

Apparently eTucks doesn't like having 'possum DNA in the net. I'll send all this ish to you for free. I mean, you're the guy that helped those people get their boat off the DVL shoreline that one time.

etucker1959
02-06-2018, 02:49 PM

If you're serious about selling it, I'll buy it and pay a fair price!!!!

DarkShadow
02-06-2018, 03:03 PM
If you're serious about selling it, I'll buy it and pay a fair price!!!!

I think $1 is a fair price, excluding the S/H.

PM me your zip code so I can give you an estimation of what the S/H will be. Unless you wanna visit Lincoln Park Lake, which is a great fishery for all sorts of things I guess, and you can pick it up.

Do you still want the extra goodies?

I mean, a couple of VHS tapes should sweeten the deal.

etucker1959
02-06-2018, 03:07 PM
I also have a Pimps Up, Ho's Down VHS that i can also throw in there. I think I also have a vintage copy of The Goonies, and Stand By Me, all VHS.

At this point, I need to get rid of some ASSets.

You want a rubber fishing net?

Apparently eTucks doesn't like having 'possum DNA in the net. I'll send all this ish to you for free. I mean, you're the guy that helped those people get their boat off the DVL shoreline that one time.

I have a possum and net story too!! Years ago when I lived with my mom and dad, my mom had a predator pussy!!! His name was Victor and he caught all kinds of critters. Rats, mice, birds, lizards, ducks (3 of them) and a baby possum. I had just rescued Socrates (a black & white kitten) and Victor took offense at sharing the house with another cat. After a good night at the race track (quarter horse racing) I went into my bedroom and found a baby possum sitting on my chair staring at me. (Victor put him there for revenge against me for adopting Socrates) So I went and got a golf club and my trusty fishing net. (I found the possum siting on top of the curtain rod) I gently pushed him off the curtain rod and caught him in my net. I then took him outside and did a perfect C&R on him. I never saw him again as a baby, but I've had possum's around the house ever since!!! lol

etucker1959
02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
I think $1 is a fair price, excluding the S/H.

PM me your zip code so I can give you an estimation of what the S/H will be. Unless you wanna visit Lincoln Park Lake, which is a great fishery for all sorts of things I guess, and you can pick it up.

Do you still want the extra goodies?

I mean, a couple of VHS tapes should sweeten the deal.

I'll come pick it up at Lincoln park!!! Throw in any extra's you want!!! lol

DarkShadow
02-06-2018, 03:59 PM
I'll come pick it up at Lincoln park!!! Throw in any extra's you want!!! lol

My drinking schedule takes up a lot of the M-F.

Weekends?

PM me.

I know I still have a bounty on my head.

Oh, and you want extras?!....

etucker1959
02-07-2018, 09:07 AM
My drinking schedule takes up a lot of the M-F.

Weekends?

PM me.

I know I still have a bounty on my head.

Oh, and you want extras?!....

Did you get my pm? (If you didn't send me one)

DarkShadow
02-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Did you get my pm? (If you didn't send me one)

Sure did.

I'll respond via PM.

etucker1959
02-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Sure did.

I'll respond via PM.

Ok thanks!