PDA

View Full Version : SilverWood 1/21/18

phelanfisher
01-23-2018, 02:51 PM
It was cold temp was 23 degrees no wind but we had icicles on the guides after reeling them in the first time. Joe Joe couldn't make it he had a prior engagement with a Girlfriend and a birthday party. "She's not my girlfriend dad, she's just a friend." LOL He thought there was a chance dad wasn't gonna make it back in time for him to make the party. Had Seth and the Drew man as my crew. Called it a day around noon.

So I didn't get a video this time but have a couple pics. Went to Bass Pro and picked up a couple lures on Saturday and got ready for Sunday. Was on the water at 7 started trolling Miller & Cleghorn, & immediately hooked up on something with some weight. Handed it over to my boy he got it about half way in and the line went slack. Not sure what happened , lure was there but the fish was gone. Kept trolling around, & fishing was hard. There was fish on the meter and then they all disappeared. Kept it up and wound up with the Large mouth my cousin is holding, and 1 striper for the day. At least the crew got to tug on a couple fish. Just gonna try even harder the next time. Lost 1 of the new lures I bought 12$ to the bottom of the lake, messed up and went into shallower water than I should have and didn't reel the damn thing up before I got there. Thought it was gonna clear, I WAS WRONG. Water temp was 46 and it was steaming in the 23 degrees, trolling right at 2.5 mph, 30 -35' deep.

drifter023
01-24-2018, 07:52 PM
Nice job at least you are out there can't get my boat running right and to much crap to fix at the house. But you are making me get my S@#T done so I can get back out there love the wood.

seal
01-26-2018, 10:51 AM
Slowed down pretty much last couple weeks but nice weather predicted with warmer temps might wake um up a bit. 46 water temp is a bit chilly but sometimes January can be a good month for largemouth at Silverwood believe it or not in fairly shallow water, the bass up here seem to be more hardy.

phelanfisher
01-30-2018, 04:51 PM
well found some footage short and sweet but better than nothing. Sub & like more to come.

https://youtu.be/GFCHpX6T3OY