PDA

View Full Version : Skinner fishing and camping 11/17-11/19 schoolie stripers from shore

socalfab
11-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Camped at skinner this past weekend with the wife and kids. Weather was great and the fishing wasn't to bad either! My 9 year old and I fished a few hours on Saturday and Sunday morning for a total of 7 stripers landed. The bite was early all fish caught before 8am. We fished the point to the right of launch ramp 2. All fish were caught on night crawlers or chicken liver fished on a Carolina rig. Ran into a gentleman at the cleaning station who said he caught limits of stripers at the point off of launch ramp 1 and also saw a few people near us catching multiple schoolies. All in all a good weekend!

Brewcrafter
11-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Great report and nice tacos! I haven't fished Skinner in maybe 3 years, but used to kill on schoolie stripers there on the leadcore trolling. Maybe it's time to go back and give it a look!

NFCD I
11-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. It doesn't get much better than a weekend camping trip with the family. Plus, you caught fish. WINNER WINNER

mstr fish
11-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the report. Looks like some good memories created.

AndyJ
11-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Great family fishing experience and tasty looking striper tacos. Tempting.