PDA

View Full Version : Nph 11/12/17

StumpFisher
11-12-2017, 01:49 PM
headed out today, it was my youngest boys turn this time. Had to work for 'em in the harbor and was a bit slow but we did scrape a total of 10 with the bass trifecta (6 spots, 1 sandy, 1 calico), 1 small sculpin and one short hali. My little guy had a blast! I got the hali on and handed it to him unknowing what I had but knew it felt pretty good and loved it when he smiled and said "whoa this is a strong one." :LOL:

Piss on Myspace
11-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Congrats stumpfisher...looks like you guys had a great time. The smile on his face says it all. That hali is a nice way to top off the trifecta. Im assuming you were running hammers and other plastics? Do you ever take it out to the barge and grab a scoop of bait? I was thinking of possibly hitting it up on Tuesday with a rental skiff since the blue water bite and slowed down. Thanks for the post buddy

TUNAVIC
11-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Nice going,what a great way to start the day,way to go Pops your son won’t forget those mornings!

Cya Tuna Vic

vdisney
11-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Love the smile on his face, very cool indeed. I take either my granddaughter or nephew a couple times a year on a skiff, love that harbor. :Big Grin:

StumpFisher
11-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Congrats stumpfisher...looks like you guys had a great time. The smile on his face says it all. That hali is a nice way to top off the trifecta. Im assuming you were running hammers and other plastics? Do you ever take it out to the barge and grab a scoop of bait? I was thinking of possibly hitting it up on Tuesday with a rental skiff since the blue water bite and slowed down. Thanks for the post buddy

Thanks!
We always just use plastics, keitech with underspins, hookup baits, and I'll have the little guy drift a gulp shrimp as well (no action on that so far). I will troll a flicker shad when moving locations and I usually pick one up doing that but haven't done that lately. Bait barge is gone for the winter unfortunately. We usually fish the buoy line and main channel but all fish were very tight to structure that day and took a bit to figure that out.
Good luck on the skiff, the tide charts show things should pick up this weekend.
Take care!

Brewcrafter
11-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Trips making memories with the next Generation are the Best trips! Good job!

Piss on Myspace
11-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Thanks!
We always just use plastics, keitech with underspins, hookup baits, and I'll have the little guy drift a gulp shrimp as well (no action on that so far). I will troll a flicker shad when moving locations and I usually pick one up doing that but haven't done that lately. Bait barge is gone for the winter unfortunately. We usually fish the buoy line and main channel but all fish were very tight to structure that day and took a bit to figure that out.
Good luck on the skiff, the tide charts show things should pick up this weekend.
Take care!

Thanks for the intel stump...and yup, those flicker shads do work well. Unfortunately I never made it out there, but look forward to the next outing. Thanks again for the post and congrats again on the family time!!!