PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 10/7

Brent
10-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Same ole story on the bass. Tons of tiny ones and a couple at 2-4# for the entire day.
A lot of work for not much. Did notice the chaos at opening and asked Tom what the hell was going on and the reply was 'somebody caught and posted a 12.2#er'
There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat. Only one guy (Tom) to inspect and you can see where I'm going from there. Felt bad for Tom and he was getting po'd at people trying to just skip and launch.
Shows what a simple post can do to cause people to balk at posting the next time. Sad truth it is.

noleash
10-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Same ole story on the bass. Tons of tiny ones and a couple at 2-4# for the entire day.
A lot of work for not much. Did notice the chaos at opening and asked Tom what the hell was going on and the reply was 'somebody caught and posted a 12.2#er'
There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat. Only one guy (Tom) to inspect and you can see where I'm going from there. Felt bad for Tom and he was getting po'd at people trying to just skip and launch.
Shows what a simple post can do to cause people to balk at posting the next time. Sad truth it is.
I wonder how the "New" crowd worked out for the Asian crew in the blue and white...Im going to run over every bodies line while we troll for striper...boat that showed up at the lake after Mr Marino posted a big striper bite at the lake last july! Kook told me he fishes the lake all the time and it was his lake!:LOL: PS If I had a witness he would have been arrested on FELONY assult with a deadly weapon charges and banned from DVL for good!

Jhondayang
10-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Thank you for stereotyping all us Asians. I suppose we all will be as ignorant as you mentioned.

I fish DVL a lot, and have had numerous encounters from ignorant anglers. Especially when tournaments are held there. I have had a boat stopped literally less than 25 feet from my boat with my kids on my boat and they started throwing their lures right into where our lures were. Same day, I also had another boat cut my line off while I was trolling. We had our rod up, and obviously going very slow with our lines in the water. Had I complained, I probably would have been kicked out for a stupid reason because I’m just trying to have a good time with my kids. I respect anglers when I am out there on the waters. And yes, I am Asian also. So please think before you start typing. Thank you and God Bless your soul.

MillsapBoyz
10-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Well hell that's better than we did. My son and I were there a week prior, and all we managed was 5 dinks!

noleash
10-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Thank you for stereotyping all us Asians. I suppose we all will be as ignorant as you mentioned.

I fish DVL a lot, and have had numerous encounters from ignorant anglers. Especially when tournaments are held there. I have had a boat stopped literally less than 25 feet from my boat with my kids on my boat and they started throwing their lures right into where our lures were. Same day, I also had another boat cut my line off while I was trolling. We had our rod up, and obviously going very slow with our lines in the water. Had I complained, I probably would have been kicked out for a stupid reason because I’m just trying to have a good time with my kids. I respect anglers when I am out there on the waters. And yes, I am Asian also. So please think before you start typing. Thank you and God Bless your soul.
Not stereotyping Asians! Lots of great Asian people who are actually a hell of a lot nicer than my fellow White Guy!
Matter of fact the biggest A....Holes on that lake are my fellow White Guy in his 20 foot BITE KILLER bass boat! I know first hand from pounding the shoreline for several years what those big boats do to the bite....They destroy it! Problem here is lack of proper management by dept Fish and Game ... Park Rangers ... and of course the local Sheriff dept! Calif Dept of Waterways ... Inland Dept of Waterways ... Maritime Law ... All concur on 50 feet min distance of ANY vessel under power to STAY AWAY from any vessel ANCHORED... MOORED ... OR PERSON fishing...Automatic 500 dollar fine../Min jail time ... But when the violator of this law doesn't respect that law or others on the lake BUT in turn points their 20 plus foot bay skiff at another person anchored and threatens to ram them .... That my Asian friend is a major FELONY and nothing you can say over the internet will ever change that fact. Tom saved you this time but that won't happen again!

noleash
10-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Not stereotyping Asians! Lots of great Asian people who are actually a hell of a lot nicer than my fellow White Guy!
Matter of fact the biggest A....Holes on that lake are my fellow White Guy in his 20 foot BITE KILLER bass boat! I know first hand from pounding the shoreline for several years what those big boats do to the bite....They destroy it! Problem here is lack of proper management by dept Fish and Game ... Park Rangers ... and of course the local Sheriff dept! Calif Dept of Waterways ... Inland Dept of Waterways ... Maritime Law ... All concur on 50 feet min distance of ANY vessel under power to STAY AWAY from any vessel ANCHORED... MOORED ... OR PERSON fishing...Automatic 500 dollar fine../Min jail time ... But when the violator of this law doesn't respect that law or others on the lake BUT in turn points their 20 plus foot bay skiff at another person anchored and threatens to ram them .... That my Asian friend is a major FELONY and nothing you can say over the internet will ever change that fact. Tom saved you this time but that won't happen again!

Mr Yang we both know who was at the wheel that day and it won't be mentioned on this or any other internet site. Please try to make friends not enemies with the local people!

noleash
10-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Mr Yang we both know who was at the wheel that day and it won't be mentioned on this or any other internet site. Please try to make friends not enemies with the local people!
I live 5 miles from driveway to launch ramp...Been a anual pass holder since leaving Utah and coming to hemet to help Mom 9 years ago ... Close friend of the family was flown in from oklahoma to be a super on the DVL constuction project .... And look out on the east dam every morning while having my morning coffee. Meet a lot of really cool people over the years at the lake and have caught lots of big bass out of the lake! However... The lack of proper management by the agencies paid to uphold the laws governing this and other freshwater resources has led to not only a compromised quality of these fisheries but also a type of lawless state of mind ... Thats its ok to do to others as they did to me ... Eventually someone is going to get killed and they will close the lake to all! My advice to anyone reading this is ... Don't Bother... Spend your time any money focusing on the outstanding fishery of our inshore coastal waters you really won't regreat the time and well spent money of whatever type of approach you chose! P.S If you all really want to injoy some realtime freshwater fishing ... Go to any state like Utah that protects it resource with a 9mm and a badge! You won't be disapointed!

Jhondayang
10-10-2017, 08:10 PM
No worries brother. :Smile:tight lines. Trout season coming up and can’t wait to get out.

DarkShadow
10-11-2017, 03:05 PM

Imagine when people start posting fake reports to drive people away from their hot spots.

BTW, I hear Lake Hodges is WFO. Everyone go there!

Frickin lemmings...

baaadernu
10-11-2017, 06:38 PM
No leash,
Headed to DVL Saturday for first time. Razor and I usually hang up north at Castaic and pyramid. Looking for where to start trolling for stripers, if you don't mind giving up your local knowledge? Glad to reciprocate for our lakes up here or havasu.:Cool:

noleash
10-11-2017, 07:49 PM
No leash,
Headed to DVL Saturday for first time. Razor and I usually hang up north at Castaic and pyramid. Looking for where to start trolling for stripers, if you don't mind giving up your local knowledge? Glad to reciprocate for our lakes up here or havasu.:Cool:
You can start back in 2009 when most likely the biggest striper boils ever seen in this or any other state where commonplace for at least a year straight! :EyePop:

etucker1959
10-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Imagine when people start posting fake reports to drive people away from their hot spots.

Frickin lemmings...

I've always said that, "if post's really do create a crowd" disinformation will end that very quickly!!! If the bite is great at DVL but it's a hush hush thing and people don't want it to leak out.

A Bogus report written about Lake Perris will make the alleged Internet bite stealer's waste their time there instead. When the real Info leaks out about the great DVL bite they will ignore it. (the little boy who cried Wolf scenario)

My Personal opinion about FNN that it's too small of a platform to really burn anyone's hot spot very much. Even if people did show up after reading an FNN post, their skill levels probably weren't much to talk about and probably wouldn't catch much any way!!! If you have to wait and try to steal someone else's info from the internet to try to catch fish. (that basically say's you suck as a fishermen)

Real fishermen are honing their skills all the time at their favorite lakes or ponds and don't need anyone else's info to catch fish. But there is plenty of other people having just the opposite opinion.

During Trout season I'm going to put this theory to the test once again!!!!

noleash
10-12-2017, 06:23 AM

Mr Brent....First off sorry for the rant....Next.... The answer to your question is ...No....Its not responsible to post a WFO fish report over the internet. Average people reading such garbage like:Idea: Mr 12.2ers life story that brought him to the lake that day and saved the world from utter destuction from this giant bass is absolute misinformation to a general public that will spend lots of time and money in hopes of... Then leave the lake frustrated.... Maybe enough so as to be involved in some type of ROAD RAGE incident and someone gets hurt~! Report like yours are fine they tell people that if your willing to work for it... Some good could come from it!

noleash
10-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Mr Brent....First off sorry for the rant....Next.... The answer to your question is ...No....Its not responsible to post a WFO fish report over the internet. Average people reading such garbage like:Idea: Mr 12.2ers life story that brought him to the lake that day and saved the world from utter destuction from this giant bass is absolute misinformation to a general public that will spend lots of time and money in hopes of... Then leave the lake frustrated.... Maybe enough so as to be involved in some type of ROAD RAGE incident and someone gets hurt~! Report like yours are fine they tell people that if your willing to work for it... Some good could come from it!

Holy crap! I just read the WON write up on DVL and "ALL THE BIG FISH BEING CAUGHT RIGHT NOW AND EVERYONE SHOULD GET ON IT NOW" post and by no means is this a good thing! WHY...WON...Are you people SICK or something! WHY?

DarkShadow
10-12-2017, 04:27 PM
There were dozens of boats that had to be inspected because they just dusted them off and ran to the lake like there's 12#ers jumping in the boat.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-01-2015/9WYUw1.gif

Holy crap! I just read the WON write up on DVL and "ALL THE BIG FISH BEING CAUGHT RIGHT NOW AND EVERYONE SHOULD GET ON IT NOW" post and by no means is this a good thing! WHY...WON...Are you people SICK or something! WHY?

Gotta make a buck somehow, right?

noleash
10-13-2017, 04:24 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-01-2015/9WYUw1.gif

Gotta make a buck somehow, right?

The "Answer" to your question Mr Shadow is most definitely a Hell Yea the internet should be considered a deadly weapon ... Just like a loaded sidearm! P.S Don't leave home without it!

noleash
10-13-2017, 04:40 AM
The "Answer" to your question Mr Shadow is most definitely a Hell Yea the internet should be considered a deadly weapon ... Just like a loaded sidearm! P.S Don't leave home without it!

OOPS ... No i'm NOT suggesting that people carry or bring loaded sidearms to DVL! :Shocked:

Brent
10-14-2017, 03:09 PM

Frickin lemmings...

HHHHHMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

baaadernu
10-14-2017, 08:03 PM
So, I posted a few days ago and asked for some advise and offered the same for my local lakes. Instead of replying to my request and possibly providing something of value to the world, it appears this site is dedicated to whining and crying and passing and moaning. My baaad, I thought I had logged on to a fishing forum....

Thanks to tom at the gate, appreciate the tips and good humor. Dad and I limited on both striper and large mouth. Largest bass wasn5.55 and the largest striper was 6. Now I lead by example, so there you go. Great lake..

etucker1959
10-14-2017, 08:41 PM
So, I posted a few days ago and asked for some advise and offered the same for my local lakes. Instead of replying to my request and possibly providing something of value to the world, it appears this site is dedicated to whining and crying and passing and moaning. My baaad, I thought I had logged on to a fishing forum....

Thanks to tom at the gate, appreciate the tips and good humor. Dad and I limited on both striper and large mouth. Largest bass wasn5.55 and the largest striper was 6. Now I lead by example, so there you go. Great lake..

I'm sorry no one responded to your request. Unfortunately there is two schools of thought on fishing Forums. One is a Forum is only to talk about lures and sell fishing tackle to each other and give general or vague fishing information about any lake. They feel you can burn lakes if you get to specific about actually fishing on that lake. (that's the predominate thinking by a lot of people) We will call that thought 1 about a fishing Forum.

There is also thought 2. Full disclosure within reason!!! If it's too secret do it by pm. (personal message)

You might be able to guess that I believe in thought 2. I feel within reason that this Forum is too small of a platform to really burn anyone's lake very badly. The real burner's of lakes is W.O.N. and in the ocean 976-tuna and similar Salt water websites. (not FNN) This is a place to make new fishing friends and share your fishing adventures. I not only preach that, "I practice that!!" I'll share any fishing information that I have with other's.

Don't give up on this web site just yet!!! Share a fishing trip or two with us and show the skeptical people you are the real deal!! You'll make some new friends and then sharing fishing information will be much easier.

HuskerRod
10-17-2017, 12:50 PM
I live 5 miles from driveway to launch ramp...Been a anual pass holder since leaving Utah and coming to hemet to help Mom 9 years ago ... Close friend of the family was flown in from oklahoma to be a super on the DVL constuction project .... And look out on the east dam every morning while having my morning coffee. Meet a lot of really cool people over the years at the lake and have caught lots of big bass out of the lake! However... The lack of proper management by the agencies paid to uphold the laws governing this and other freshwater resources has led to not only a compromised quality of these fisheries but also a type of lawless state of mind ... Thats its ok to do to others as they did to me ... Eventually someone is going to get killed and they will close the lake to all! My advice to anyone reading this is ... Don't Bother... Spend your time any money focusing on the outstanding fishery of our inshore coastal waters you really won't regreat the time and well spent money of whatever type of approach you chose! P.S If you all really want to injoy some realtime freshwater fishing ... Go to any state like Utah that protects it resource with a 9mm and a badge! You won't be disapointed!

Boy, Leash, we must be neighbors I live about 5 or 6 miles from DVL and can see the saddle dam from my upstairs office window, but I tend to frequent Perris more. Maybe its time to go back to DVL. Its been a while

HuskerRod
10-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Brent...you must not know what your doing. Western Outdoor News said bass to 12.2 pounds....on fire.................lol.

your day sounds like I typically do at DVL...............a lot of mini bass and a few in the 16-17 inch class....................leave with tail between legs

BassFreak
10-17-2017, 01:32 PM

Oh the irony..