View Full Version : Awesome brkfst burrito on the way to and from the Sierras

billy b
09-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Wonderin who knows about it?

Standard Station at the South end of Lone Pine

I think it's only up to 10 am.

parkermann2
09-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Mohogany meats in bishop has by at the best burritos ever loaded with their smoked meats

CHUCKY
09-14-2017, 07:37 PM

I think it's only up to 10 am. I have never tried a burrito there. I can tell you that the gas station when you turn off the to the June lake loop makes awesome breakfast burritos.

billy b
09-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the tips GENTS

Marley
09-15-2017, 03:01 PM

Chiles rellenos breakfast burrito.. OMG, the best! A must-stop.

billy b
09-18-2017, 10:07 AM

I thought it was chorizo and eggs ... Shows what I know

I'd love to find some good, reasonably mild burrito recipes ... I did the first thing ... I bought some chorizo at the local marketa ... too HOT! Then backed up and bought some ground pork and will begin there slowly.

GdHkSet1
10-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Should have read this post before heading up there last weekend..Thx for the 411 on good eats.

billy b
10-23-2017, 09:33 AM

I just did the chorizo with cheese. I have a gringo stomach

Piss on Myspace
05-15-2018, 09:22 PM

What is the actual name of the the place? Im getting hungry!! Google search didn't bring up anything besides lee's, bonanzas and Alabama hill cafe? Thanks

billy b
05-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Hey PoMS
I believe it to be Lee's Frontier. It's the Chevron Gas Station at the South end of Lone Pine ... West (Mtn) side of the street
I do believe you need to be there by 10am for the bkfst burrito ... lots of sandwiches, snacks, water, sodas, even tackle there, ice ... etc.
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lees-frontier-liquor-and-deli-and-gas-lone-pine

Here's the watering hole mentioned in the Loop area.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shell-june-lake

Be sure and respond back

Piss on Myspace
05-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Hey PoMS
I believe it to be Lee's Frontier. It's the Chevron Gas Station at the South end of Lone Pine ... West (Mtn) side of the street
I do believe you need to be there by 10am for the bkfst burrito ... lots of sandwiches, snacks, water, sodas, even tackle there, ice ... etc.
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lees-frontier-liquor-and-deli-and-gas-lone-pine

Here's the watering hole mentioned in the Loop area.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shell-june-lake

Be sure and respond back

Since were talking burritos, muchos gracias billy. I assumed it was Lee’s, but couldn’t find anything about burritos on the net. And yes, I’m well familiar with the loop burritos lol. I’ll have to check out lees when I head back up there. Thanks again buddy! Hopefully this thread inspires some peeps to get up there and post some dang reports!! May 21 and still no opener reports...no need to chase the truck people, still plenty of feesh up there!!

Marley
05-21-2018, 07:48 PM
It's been a few years since I was last up there so they might not even have a kitchen any longer, but the Chevron we used to stop at was the north end of Big Pine on the east side of 395. As you're going north, they're right before the bend in the road and turn on 168 to the Bristlecone Pine Forest. I will have to stop at Lee's and try their fare.

billy b
07-08-2018, 09:34 AM
FWIW I grabbed a breakfast burrito at the Shell station at the south end of the Loop. It was good … but not as tasty as the Lone Pine burrito or as big. Price was 899 an it included eggs, peppers, cheese and a slice of ham. They have a regular burrito which I didn't try. Maybe that's the one that is supposed to be good?

Just my .02

The place at the North end of BPine closed a while back. 2 nice ladies … and a friendly dog