PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Spinning Reels

Goosehunter51
08-24-2017, 07:41 PM
Has anyone used or have any thoughts on the Accurate line of Spinning Reels? I have given up trying to cast conventional. This has kept me from going on long range trips. So what about those Accurate Twin-Speed reels from the SR 6 though the SR 50? Please don't try and teach me how to cast, believe me many have. Thanks for the replies, I hope.

borntofish
08-24-2017, 08:11 PM
I'm learning to use conventional reel as well, and I know the feeling. I don't have any experience with Accurate, but another proven alternative is Shimano Stella.

DarkShadow
08-28-2017, 09:29 AM
Those are some pricey reels, but I hear they are machined well and can stand up to big game.

Goosehunter51
08-29-2017, 07:35 PM
That is what I am looking to find out, hopefully someone who has used them on long range trips. So far radio silence. Thank you so much for your reply.

DarkShadow
08-30-2017, 02:35 PM
...hopefully someone who has used them on long range trips. So far radio silence.

I think you're getting radio silence simply because not many people use a spinning reel to chase big game.

There are many advantages that a conventional reel gives over a spinning reel.

Goosehunter51
08-30-2017, 07:08 PM
That is true also, just hoping someone would know. Accurate has a good name, just would be an expensive mistake.

Yo Da Sushi Chef
09-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Accurate Twin Speed, Shimano Stella are both good brand and good quality. I personally have not use them before but I did use Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight 8000 size which pretty much the same level of spinning reel with both accurate and shimano. 66 lb drag and a very smooth drag.
On the side note if you like to use spinning reel for fly lining live bait I would suggest Shimano bait runner Thunnus Ci4 which will be a much easier application when you flyline your bait but if you're a person who like to throw artificial like irons or popper then those 3 options above will be your best bet for big game. By the way Shimano bait runner is actually at a more price friendly range. Good Luck.