PDA

View Full Version : Stick a fork in it!

fishrdi
08-21-2017, 01:37 PM
Looks like this site has suffered the same as many other sites, too bad it was fun while it lasted. RIP
Oh & to help any of you others out there...Castaic has been boiling for a while and fishing well in the A.M. & the afternoon is hit n miss every other day.
Last Thursday fish boiled in many spots from 11am to 2pm, but Friday there were only a few spots that popped up - I tell you every day is different!
Good luck everyone!

madbass
08-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the report. any fish being caught from shore?
glad you found em....will start focusing on Castaic now..

as for the site, yup..its almost dead..

thanks for sharing.

webmaster
08-21-2017, 03:22 PM
It's not going anywhere.... Even though the forum has slowed there's still a ton of info. on lakes fishing in CA on this site. Thank you for the report! :Razz:

etucker1959
08-21-2017, 04:52 PM
It's not going anywhere.... Even though the forum has slowed there's still a ton of info. on lakes fishing in CA on this site. Thank you for the report! :Razz:

You are so right!!! The viewership is more popular then ever!!! 300 plus people or more are reading threads most of the time. Active members are on the down side but so are the Blues crew. (negative people) Let's encourage viewers to turn into members. We promise we won't bite!!! lol

madbass
08-21-2017, 05:03 PM
You are so right!!! The viewership is more popular then ever!!! 300 plus people or more are reading threads most of the time. Active members are on the down side but so are the Blues crew. (negative people) Let's encourage viewers to turn into members. We promise we won't bite!!! lol

hahahaha....there was a time when ppl would help others out. i learned a lot from this site during the years but now its seems like no one is really participating or worse, really cares. but i agree with tucker, less negative ppl as well which is a big plus. still a fun site to check from time to time.

etucker1959
08-21-2017, 05:57 PM
hahahaha....there was a time when ppl would help others out. i learned a lot from this site during the years but now its seems like no one is really participating or worse, really cares. but i agree with tucker, less negative ppl as well which is a big plus. still a fun site to check from time to time.

I totally agree with you on participating. Care though they do Care!!!! 300 people reading the threads every time I log in tells me people care. Now we just have to get them to start participating. I could start giving suggestions, but that's for a whole thread to be dedicated for that.

ALandsford
08-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Of course people come here looking for fishing info..but they seldom find it anymore. The reason is simple. If a fishing spot was mentioned on here, the next day/week it was flooded with fisherman who read the info here and in many cases ruining not only that spot/bite at the time, but for ever as hundreds now know where to go etc. Who would continue to do that on a public forum?

etucker1959
08-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Of course people come here looking for fishing info..but they seldom find it anymore. The reason is simple. If a fishing spot was mentioned on here, the next day/week it was flooded with fisherman who read the info here and in many cases ruining not only that spot/bite at the time, but for ever as hundreds now know where to go etc. Who would continue to do that on a public forum?

Bunk!!!!!

That's the myth that hurts this website!!!!!

I'll give you my personal experience and then logic.

Personal test done by myself. If people knew me, "I was the Park Catfish King" I would fish literally every day when they were biting. So I got to see the crowds and knew a lot of them personally. I would then do test fish reports on FNN, not saying I caught 1-3 but 30-50 a day. I would then see if the next few day's if any noticeable increase in the fishing pressure. (very little to say the least) Remember this is "FREE FISHING" for a tasty fish. (catfish) I then set up the ultimate test on my best 3 day run of park catfishing. I talked to someone earlier on FNN about park catfishing and he showed up too. In real time I reported catching 50 on Wed, 102 on Thursday and on Friday someone showed up from reading my report on FNN. I caught another 60 that day. 1 person showed up!!!! How do I know this, "he told me!!!" I knew everybody else. Yea catching 212 Free catfish over 3 day's in a Free park you would think they would be stampeding the place. (They weren't!!!)

Now let's use logic!!

Western Outdoor News has 100's of thousand more following then FNN. They report as accurate as they can every week what lake is doing. (I read it myself) They will report if anything "Hot" is going on all lakes every week. Yet those lakes survive that kind of reporting!!!! I went to Lake Henshaw last month and did pretty good and wrote a long winded report on the fishing. I read the WON next week, "I couldn't believe it" they copied my report almost word for word!!! (coincidence I don't know???) I then go fishing there again (Lake Henshaw) the next week and find "NO ONE FISHING THERE AGAIN!!!" We both burned that lake!!! (Not!!!)

More evidence, we had several guides reporting here on a regular basis (FNN) on Stripers and LMB. (they haven't done much lately) But I doubt they ruined their own bites, when they reported on fishing at Lake Castiac, Pyramid, DVL and Lake Perris.

I'll give you my political theory next!!!

Another thing happened this year, the election for President. Being a fishermen and a Conservative sorta go hand in hand with a lot of people. (not everybody ) So if you were a contributing fishermen and a Conservative who let their political affiliation known. How do you look right now if you said, "Obama was the worst President ever????" With all the chaos going on in the White House right now, all caused by President Trump. It's probably best for now, for some people to stay hidden under a rock!!! We lost a lot of good fishermen on this website because of President Trump being such an Idiot!!!!

Saltwater vs Freshwater

Here's where the argument is true about burning hot fishing. In the Saltwater when a hot bite is reported (by other websites that do have 10's of thousands more viewership then FNN) The boats the very next day will be packed!!! Why because just showing up will get you bit!!! The Captain does all the work!!! All's the fishermen have to do is cast a live bait over the side and hang on!!!

In the Freshwater that is not true!!! Even if the fish are biting it takes some skill to catch them. (If you don't believe that ask my friend Glenn??) He's in the same boat that I'm in and using the same bait. (Yet I kick he's butt 90% of the time) If someone made the argument they were so wide open anyone could catch one. Please tell me where that is in Southern Ca?????? I want to go fishing Thursday and there is no such place that I have found!! (I'm looking all the time)

Any fishermen who's any good, doesn't wait for someone to tell him or read it on a website where to fish. He's Howning he's own skills all the time on lakes he calls "his" home lakes!!!!

WPCBANDIT
08-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Etucker is right. I know I havent logged in much lately but I am on it everyday Im not looking for the golden ticket of fishing I'm looking for whats going on around So. Cal fresh or saltwater. We used to post all the time here about Irvine lake Santa ana and so forth. People are going to fish where they want to and have the time to go to. Sharing the knoledge of what is working hurts no one in fact it helps fellow fisherman and women out in catching some fish and isnt that what fishing is all about enjoying yourself outdoors with people who are doing the same thing? Thats my thoughts.

seal
08-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Simple, pay to fish lakes are not the same as they use to be and not as many lakes available, that is where a good amount of posts came from and much less concerning about sharing information about. The reservoirs and city lakes people are more closed lip about. It's not that many of us do not want to share it's what we are willing to share. Sharing spots is a fools game and if you hit a hot bite well first off it's come and gone before the masses find out and invade usually and second see my sharing spots comment.

Unfortunately society seems less incline to do their own discovery when it comes to fishing these days. Internet use has made many lazy (sorry but it's a truth) and unwilling to put the time and work into figuring out the bite. I readily will help but mostly in generalized ways, the work and hours put in, skunks involved etc... to figure stuff out and then to give it all away would just be foolish in my opinion.

WPCBANDIT
08-22-2017, 10:14 AM
True also seal. I fish in the Sierras alot and feel helping people catch fish especially kids and inexspierienced anglers catch fish or help the with bait colro selection ect. makes me feel good. I dont really Bass fish ecept for at the local parks when i cant get away and i notice that the first time you say something worked (because it was new.) the next time you go you go back it wont be new anymore everyone targetting that species of fish will be using it. Oh well thats when you find something else that works I like a challenge and seeing people catch fish.

fishrdi
08-22-2017, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the report. any fish being caught from shore?

Yes, just 1st hour for the most part & go to the right - ball point area.

fishrdi
08-22-2017, 10:54 AM

Definitely a lot of great content so glad it wont go anywhere, but just some forums may be quiet.

MarkyMark
08-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Personally, I haven't been to Castaic or Pyramid in 3 years...been looking to get out more. Thanks for the positive feedback & hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this or the Pyramid forum

MM

TUNAVIC
08-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Hey etucker,I don't want to jack this thread but wanted to ask you something,I just talked to Glenn a couple of days ago and he was telling about his next big trip,I won't give away any details just wanted to know are you going with him?
Sounds awesome,said he'd bring me some bounty back.

Cya Tuna Vic

etucker1959
08-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Hey etucker,I don't want to jack this thread but wanted to ask you something,I just talked to Glenn a couple of days ago and he was telling about his next big trip,I won't give away any details just wanted to know are you going with him?
Sounds awesome,said he'd bring me some bounty back.

Cya Tuna Vic

Any time Vic. No, I'm not going with him on this one. I'm having dinner with him in an hour, does that count for anything??? lol I'll give him your regards.

ALandsford
08-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Western Outdoor News is at least a week behind in their reporting, so to compare them with same/next day reporting on this site is well.....senseless. If you think conservative political snowflakes are a major reason for the diminished fishing reports....That is about absurd as anything I have heard. I check in from time to time, fondly remembering what this place once was. Can it be again? I hope so for all concerned. Maybe if Kamala, Elizabeth or Bernie get elected things will turn around....What a joke.

etucker1959
08-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Western Outdoor News is at least a week behind in their reporting, so to compare them with same/next day reporting on this site is well.....senseless. If you think conservative political snowflakes are a major reason for the diminished fishing reports....That is about absurd as anything I have heard. I check in from time to time, fondly remembering what this place once was. Can it be again? I hope so for all concerned. Maybe if Kamala, Elizabeth or Bernie get elected things will turn around....What a joke.

So your saying WON isn't burning spots because it's a few day's old. (they go to press on Mon, so they can get reports up to Sunday) I use to be able to get a copy as early as Tues or Wed at Sav on Tackle. That means you have to read an FNN report within 3 day's of it been written. Or it's no more valuable then a WON report. The first comment by the OP was "Put a Fork in this Forum." Your comment was people won't burn their own spots by reporting it here. That means people have to read FNN practically every day or two to get any valuable information from it!!! If all Members and Lurkers have to read FNN every couple of day's to get the valuable information it provides. It's far from being a "Stick a Fork in it Forum!!!" lol

Trust me, I'm the 1 number writer of Fish reports on FNN. I'm also probably the number 1 Hooligan in the political discussions in the GD section. (Natural Lefty wants to now give me a run for my money) lol It's all good Natural Lefty, I appreciate the help in educating people. So I could give you a list of all the former Conservative Pundits on here. Who shortly after Trumps Presidency started going South. No longer report on here but still Lurk here. You can tell that by hitting the Forum button and scroll down to the bottom. It gives everyone's names who's viewing. I check it every time I log in!!!!!

Don't ever under estimate peoples pride!!! No one ever wants to be called or thought to be a fool!!! Yet when these people shot their mouths off about how "Great President Trump" was going to be and how bad Obama was as President. (how many people think that now??) Would you really feel very comfortable posting on here again, if you were one of those people??? Especially if you were calling people like me, a dumb arse all the time. Think about it!!!!

seal
08-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Natural Lefty has been on here before playing the left card whenever possible, nothing new there. Most are sick and tired of the political BS, most were tired of it before Trump even got elected now you can't escape it even in a Fishing forum.

Etucker you toss around a lot of BS that has no basis in reality, I will admit you are the "number one writer" if the number of characters typed is the gauge.

DarkShadow
08-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately society seems less incline to do their own discovery when it comes to fishing these days. Internet use has made many lazy (sorry but it's a truth) and unwilling to put the time and work into figuring out the bite. I readily will help but mostly in generalized ways, the work and hours put in, skunks involved etc... to figure stuff out and then to give it all away would just be foolish in my opinion.

Excellent post.

I have zero problems, and actually enjoy assisting others when it comes to advice.

But to spend days, weeks, months dialing down bites, hiking miles dodging snakes, getting home sore and sunburnt after spending 14 hours on the water, the wear, tear and gas consumption on my vehicle, and to then reveal my spot? It's laughable! Even more laughable is the people who get perturbed that others don't share bites. It's simple. You get up at the crack of dawn, you go to a lake, creek, river or any body of water, and you do what others have done decades before the Internet. You put in work.

And it's funny because the individuals who I do know put in work, we have no problems PM'ing each other about good bites and locations.

I do have a soft spot for novices, or for people taking kids out who want to stoke their passion for fishing. But again, PMs are a great method of reaching out!

etucker1959
08-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Natural Lefty has been on here before playing the left card whenever possible, nothing new there. Most are sick and tired of the political BS, most were tired of it before Trump even got elected now you can't escape it even in a Fishing forum.

Etucker you toss around a lot of BS that has no basis in reality, I will admit you are the "number one writer" if the number of characters typed is the gauge.

I read post like this and remember to tell myself play nice!!! If these people didn't feed you the set up lines you could never deliver the punch line!!! lol When it comes to fishing information sites and politics they seem to go hand and hand!!! Case in point was WON, the editor was a Russ Limbaugh protege. To the point it was almost insulting to your intelligence. He said, "people in CA weren't real Americans!!!" Real Americans live in the Heartland of American. Yea right Buddy!!!

So if the far right uses fishing media sites to propagate their messages, why can't Progressives do the same??? Especially since we have Donald Trump as our President. Playing Ostrich is not the way to go!!! If any Nukes where ever to hit CA, we would be the Okies in reverse. Nobody is going to buy your radio active house!!! Just pack up the truck like the Beverly Hillbilly's and head East!!!

fshnritchey
08-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Excellent post.

I have zero problems, and actually enjoy assisting others when it comes to advice.

But to spend days, weeks, months dialing down bites, hiking miles dodging snakes, getting home sore and sunburnt after spending 14 hours on the water, the wear, tear and gas consumption on my vehicle, and to then reveal my spot? It's laughable! Even more laughable is the people who get perturbed that others don't share bites. It's simple. You get up at the crack of dawn, you go to a lake, creek, river or any body of water, and you do what others have done decades before the Internet. You put in work.

And it's funny because the individuals who I do know put in work, we have no problems PM'ing each other about good bites and locations.

I do have a soft spot for novices, or for people taking kids out who want to stoke their passion for fishing. But again, PMs are a great method of reaching out!
@Darkshadow, you seem like a cool person. Let me know if you would ever like to do some bassin on private ponds in the Ventura County area.

madbass
08-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Yes, just 1st hour for the most part & go to the right - ball point area.

thnaks for the information.

verbalhologram
08-28-2017, 05:16 PM
I wish there were more reports like there use to be. I don't remember member names but people would post almost weekly reports, particularly castaic from what I remember. I'll continue to post quick reports, not really sure how much it helps. I've always had members respond to my questions, this site is still extremely helpful. Hoping to tube lagoon tomorrow and will post a report if I do.