PDA

View Full Version : Big Yellowtail in Newport

805AnglingBrothers
06-28-2017, 09:37 PM
What's up guys.

Landed a nice 31lb yellowtail in Newport over the weekend. Caught it in 40 ft of water of a live Mack! Was fishing calicos.

https://youtu.be/0mIj_wmgerU

Thanks,

Case Bruton
805AnglingBrothers

etucker1959
06-29-2017, 06:38 AM
What's up guys.

Landed a nice 31lb yellowtail in Newport over the weekend. Caught it in 40 ft of water of a live Mack! Was fishing calicos.

https://youtu.be/0mIj_wmgerU

Thanks,

Case Bruton
805AnglingBrothers

I saw the video nice fish!!! When it comes to anyone's post I try not to say anything negative. Yet in my 40 years of fishing the party boats with "CRANKY SKIPPERS". If I fished using my thumb the way it was done in the video and heaven forbid lost that fish. I might as well go down in the bunk room and hide for the rest of the trip, to avoid the wrath of the skipper!!! I probably would still get some crap from the deck hand as I was leaving the boat. (Just words of advice on how not to fight a fish on a local cattle boat.) Anyone who has fished with Bruce on the Sport King and been told to straight wind their fish knows what I'm talking about. lol

crappiemike
06-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Way to go man!!!!
Nice fish for sure����

Cm

TUNAVIC
07-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Amazing how hard tails over 25lbs pull,as your 14min plus battle attests. Nice catch and PB!

Cya Tuna Vic

805AnglingBrothers
07-05-2017, 10:31 PM
I saw the video nice fish!!! When it comes to anyone's post I try not to say anything negative. Yet in my 40 years of fishing the party boats with "CRANKY SKIPPERS". If I fished using my thumb the way it was done in the video and heaven forbid lost that fish. I might as well go down in the bunk room and hid for the rest of the trip, to avoid the wrath of the skipper!!! I probably would still get some crap from the deck hand as I would be leaving the boat. (Just words of advice on how not to fight a fish on a local cattle boat.) Anyone who has fished with Bruce on the Sport King and been told to straight wind their fish knows what I'm talking about. lol

Yes I agree with you! My dad told me the same thing, thanks for the advice.

bobabocker
08-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Bruce... LOLOL yeah he would be screaming all sorts of things at everyone.