PDA

View Full Version : NEW YAK

Hawkeye5447
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
I was getting really upset that my pontoon was falling apart. I had only bought it last year. Well while up in bishop i got to try my buddies inflatable kayak and i love it. The best part was that i could cram it into my little car and not worry about storage. So i have ben saving up and i got the two seater so that when my son gets a little older he can enjoy fishing with me. Maiden voyage is tomorrow out of Newport. I cant wait.

Ronira
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
What kind of pontoon did you have Hawkeye? Ive had mine for two years and it's in great shape. Sorry to hear yours went south. Congrats on the new rig, hope you catch a ton wiyh it.

one_leg
10-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I was getting really upset that my pontoon was falling apart. I had only bought it last year. Well while up in bishop i got to try my buddies inflatable kayak and i love it. The best part was that i could cram it into my little car and not worry about storage.

Is it possible that there is a correlation between cramming your toon into your car, and it falling apart? Just wondering.
Did you cram yout toon into the car also? Trailer it?

One_Leg

Hawkeye5447
10-20-2007, 04:32 PM
I had a cimerron pontoon from classic accessories. Everything kept breaking including a hole in the bladders that keeps coming up in the same spot. The only good thing is that the company is being really cool. Everything broke the paddles bent while going down the owens. The bladders popped and the frames broke at the joints due to bad welding both on convict. I replaced the bladders and they ended up popping in the same place on another lake with my friends. I am definitly not happy with it.

As for cramming it into my car. No this would not have hurt it due to that i had a huge canvas bag that i took the whole thing apart and it would take up about 75% of my back seat. Still enough room to get my buddies float tube in as well.

one_leg
10-20-2007, 05:45 PM
That looks like a lot of fun. Good Luck with that one!

One_Leg

Fisher-of-Men
10-21-2007, 09:01 AM
That new Yak looks like alot of fun! I guess we will be seeing a Kern river report form you soon. :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Hawkeye5447
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
That new Yak looks like alot of fun! I guess we will be seeing a Kern river report form you soon. :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Sorry i have never been to the kern. I will mostly be in the ocean using this bad boy. Also during the summer i will be up in bishop on the owens and various lakes up there. Hoping for a colorado trip this year. Maybe ill be able to see the kern eventually.