PDA

View Full Version : Jenks lake 6/8

esteban1t
06-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Got to the lake around 7:30 and fished the shore for a couple hours, lots of weeds along the shore line, so had to use heavier weights to get the bait out there, meal worms with marshmallows....also inflated night crawlers got us only tiny bass maybe like 6-10 inches long . And a couple small blue gill , but no trout..

Packed the chairs up around 9 and got my inflatable fishing raft and , was my girlfriends first time fishing so i wanted to get her something other than tiny bass and blue gill.
Kept changing baits and leader lengths , and finally managed a nice 1 pound trout that fought pretty damn hard , let my girlfriend reel it in. She's hooked now lol. Caught the trout on a pink and white micetail , ended the day with another trout .
Got a couple more small bass and decided to start packing around 2 so we can explore the area a little more
First time at jenks and have to say it might be my go-to lake in the mountains.

They also stocked while i was there, looked like a couple hundred pounds .. at most

esteban1t
06-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Dont know why the photo is so small, used my phone to post this report... but never had this problem before

old pudd fisher
06-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Thanks great report photo and all, that place is kind of special to me. Love the peace and quiet there.

esteban1t
06-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Thanks great report photo and all, that place is kind of special to me. Love the peace and quiet there.

While at the lake i recall hearing some people saying they caught catfish, ever caught one at the lake? Yeah, jenks is so quiet, love that there isnt any cabins around, just trees and wild life.

jonshibata1
06-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Nice! Tried it last year and it was a tiny mudhole with a ton of weeds. I have much better luck at Gregory. This Winter, I went with my cousin and we took home 2 limits of fish averaging a solid 2 to 3 pounds.

esteban1t
06-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Nice! Tried it last year and it was a tiny mudhole with a ton of weeds. I have much better luck at Gregory. This Winter, I went with my cousin and we took home 2 limits of fish averaging a solid 2 to 3 pounds.

The lake is full now, saw pics from last year compared this this year and there is a lot more water, and seems like the DFG is stocking nicer sized trout this year compared to the last two..
was looking at gregory as well, might go next time

castle
06-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Got to the lake around 7:30 and fished the shore for a couple hours, lots of weeds along the shore line, so had to use heavier weights to get the bait out there, meal worms with marshmallows....also inflated night crawlers got us only tiny bass maybe like 6-10 inches long . And a couple small blue gill , but no trout..

Packed the chairs up around 9 and got my inflatable fishing raft and , was my girlfriends first time fishing so i wanted to get her something other than tiny bass and blue gill.
Kept changing baits and leader lengths , and finally managed a nice 1 pound trout that fought pretty damn hard , let my girlfriend reel it in. She's hooked now lol. Caught the trout on a pink and white micetail , ended the day with another trout .
Got a couple more small bass and decided to start packing around 2 so we can explore the area a little more
First time at jenks and have to say it might be my go-to lake in the mountains.

They also stocked while i was there, looked like a couple hundred pounds .. at most

Good Job! That lake is always loaded with weeds.

AndyJ
06-13-2017, 02:41 AM
Nice catch and thanks for the report. I have fond memories of Jenks lake from camping and trout fishing sine the 1970s. After your report, I'm very tempted to take a leisurely drive up there and give it a try.