PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount Park

zerolynx21
05-22-2017, 12:12 PM
Caught a 3lb 5oz bass on a senko worm today. I would post a pic but i have a word of caution. Be careful when walking into the restrooms at the park. There was a guy driving a newer model black Acura with a white MK logo in the back window. He got out of his car and followed me into the restroom. When I noticed this I walked out and went to a different restroom. He continued to follow me in his car, restroom to restroom. After the 3rd restroom I decided to leave the park and head out. He was still following me onto the freeway where I eventually lost him. Tall built male, wearing shades, a polo and shorts. Asian/Hispanic descent with short hair, 30s.

GhettoBasster
05-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Great job on the fish. Yeah. That's Fairmount. I haven't fished there for a while, but when I did, my head was on swivel. Lol, maybe he wanted some pro tips.

Nuoc Mam
05-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Great job on the fish. Yeah. That's Fairmount. I haven't fished there for a while, but when I did, my head was on swivel. Lol, maybe he wanted some pro tips.

or he wanted to put his "tips" into a pro

But yeah, be careful out there. 1st rule of fishing, always be aware of your surroundings.

On a better note, congrats on the bass.

zerolynx21
05-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Lol thanks guys. Luckily I was aware of my surroundings. Next time I'll have to keep a knife for cutting line on me...

Natural Lefty
05-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Fairmount Park has always had that reputation of attracting criminals...... I grew up in Riverside and used to fish there, but nothing bad ever happened to me there. I even won a kids fishing contest there. LOL

sumodnb
05-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Congrats on the fish!! Yup... Break of dawn fishing the golf pond and the pipe in the adjacent cove are always really productive but all the effing wierdos and tweakers are not worth it. But if you are brave you can kill it on topwater in that spot at first light. And then nail some crappie in the same spot later in the afternoon.

chatmar
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the fish!! Yup... Break of dawn fishing the golf pond and the pipe in the adjacent cove are always really productive but all the effing wierdos and tweakers are not worth it. But if you are brave you can kill it on topwater in that spot at first light. And then nail some crappie in the same spot later in the afternoon. What would you use to catch the crappie. Never been to this lake. Where is the golf pond and the pipe? Thanks

castle
05-31-2017, 03:05 AM
What would you use to catch the crappie. Never been to this lake. Where is the golf pond and the pipe? Thanks

Near the Tank

fishmounter
05-31-2017, 05:11 PM
No.. it's not near "the tank", It's right next to the Isaac Walton Clubhouse parking lot. The pond is just across the street . The pipe in the cove is next to the parking lot. Can't miss it.

carpanglerdude
06-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Had a similar experience with a dude following me around near the west side of the lake. Weird.

Otherwise, it's a challenging but intriguing lake! Some big fish there. Thanks for the report.

Seccombe feels more dangerous though, imho

fishmounter
06-01-2017, 05:00 PM
One time I had a guy watching me and following me as I fished there at the park. Instead of me continuing working my way along the shoreline, I turned around and walked back, right up to the guy, held my phone up so the guy could see it and took a couple photos of him and said, "Why the fu-- are you following me? I suggest you stop doing this or you are going to have real problems with me. I have some photos of you and I will call the police which right now are sitting in their car right over there"..I lied. He acted all surprised and muttered a few apologizing words and he continued on his way. People like that don't expect you to confront them and will usually back down or shy away. I don't get mad easily, but when I do, watch out! This probably is not the best approach, but I was trying to have a nice day fishing for bass and had had enough. I don't need some stranger following my every move.