PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Skunk 3/19

Temp
03-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Fished Sunday from 9-2 for nada. Didn't see anyone get a single bite all day. Hit three spots along the North shore: first beach, windy point, and juniper point. Tried out far, in close, long leader, short leader.

I was really surprised at how little water is coming into the lake through Grout Creek. All the snow has melted off the North shore but the lake is still at 60', same as last year. Was really hoping to get a glimpse of some trout swimming upstream.

sandtrout
03-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Well, at least you got out in a beautiful area and you got to work a couple places. I've seen tons of people arrive and sit on a dead, no-fish spot ALL day. You may have gotten skunks s but at least you worked the water. Thanks for posting and giving the rest of us something to read.

sovietsky19
03-20-2017, 11:28 PM
I was there all day on 3/18...started at juniper point at 8am and then went to north shore from 2pm-10pm. Had only 2 bites around 8pm and that was it. What is going on with the trout bite lately? Is it the rapid increase in water level or barometric pressure?

Cameron
03-23-2017, 02:56 PM
I was there all day on 3/18...started at juniper point at 8am and then went to north shore from 2pm-10pm. Had only 2 bites around 8pm and that was it. What is going on with the trout bite lately? Is it the rapid increase in water level or barometric pressure?

You may want to get up for that early a.m. bite as I find the bite is dead after 9 a.m. most days.