PDA

View Full Version : Late Bug Report

Brian_GSC
03-07-2017, 07:39 AM
I moved to Texas 2yrs ago and what I’ve missed most is the Pacific Ocean. I’ve managed to come back a few times to visit, and I always make time for some fishing.

This last round I was able to see family, catch up with some friends, get some more ink, and get out on the water twice.
I got in late on Thurs night and it was blowing, enough to keep me on shore. First stop was In-N-Out (Whataburger is good, but it is NOT In-N-Out), then time for bed.
49668 49672

Friday morning it was time to visit friends, then off to get some new ink. I've had multiple pieces done by Charles (he's at Shogun Tattoo in Pasadena), and he is the REAL DEAL. If you want a fishing-related tattoo SEE CHARLES. CAF guy, always chill, and you can talk shop the entire time.

Friday night was the best weather window. We got out a little late (I don’t miss LA traffic) and had to work for ‘em (60 pulls). No seals, calm winds, good temp. We got 12 keepers and about 30 shorts.

(no traffic in this shot. Just a nice pic of downtown from where I used to live)

Pic mid-way through the night. Nothing big, but still keepers.

Saturday night was a little windy and we had to deal with the chop. For three of us we got 16 keepers and @ 30 or so shorts. Highlight of the night was this 7.5lb male.

Can’t wait to make it out again!!