PDA

View Full Version : kayak or tube?

Lt25
10-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone. This will be my first posting here. I am debating wheather I should get a kayak or a tube? I've never been on either but would like one. Which ones are better for fishing? I am debating between the fish cat 4 float tube or the advanced element firefly kayak. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I would really appreciate some help. thanks!

matt duarte
10-19-2007, 03:00 PM
hey dude well i have the FC4 and its a awesome tube!! moves in the water well, it has a small space in the back for a small cooler or what not... you sit out of the water so only from the knees down are wet... i dont know much about yacks but id have to say you should get a toon! i bought a toon after my FC4 and i love it.. plenty of room to move around you cover water really well, plent of storage... you can fit a trolling motor on it everything.. you should check them out before you buy anything!! i have the ODC 816 and i love it, its a blast to take out and ive caught many fish on it!!

well good luck dude! hope to see ya on the water some day!

Lt25
10-19-2007, 03:10 PM
thanks dude but the wive won't let me spend much money on it :(
I am planning on buying a bass fishing boat soon thats why... but as of right now, I am leaning towards the fish cat 4. just gotta get flippers and waders and stuff..

ediboy
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
hey man i had the same problem but no wife just bills!! :bang:

the way i see it is, you can either get a reall good float tube or a really heavy/bulky toon.

im a floater myself i love the thought of being one with the water and relaxing
im also really into yoga so that must explain it
anyway, i hope the choice you make is the right one

take care!
-ediboy