PDA

View Full Version : Santa Margarita Lake now full

fishmounter
02-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Just saw today that water is going over the dam spillway at Santa Margargita Lake. It's probably my favorite lake in SoCal. It's Beautiful, has fish all over the place, and mountain Lions will walk right up to the bow of your boat when you are alone in it!

webmaster
02-10-2017, 06:54 AM
That's awesome news! I bet San Antonio lake is full as well. Hopefully the creeks will flow this spring and there will be a good striper spawn there.:Big Grin:

BassinPLS
02-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Just saw today that water is going over the dam spillway at Santa Margargita Lake. It's probably my favorite lake in SoCal. It's Beautiful, has fish all over the place, and mountain Lions will walk right up to the bow of your boat when you are alone in it!

fishmounter,

I agree...Santa Margarita Lake is the nicest lake at which I have ever fished. My daughter lives in Arroyo Grande and every time my wife and I travel up to see her, I insist I have to take my boat. 'Can't miss a chance to fish Santa Margarita! Love it!

Big-Bob
02-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I went to school up in SLO.

Most expensive/slowest rental boat I've ever had was at Santa Margarita.

I guess the scenery was worth it. :Rolls Eyes:

bassnet
02-11-2017, 06:55 PM
So stoked the central coast lakes are filling up! Love the river at Margi, nothing better. San Antonio is up to over 30% capacity (from 5% the last couple years), up over 50', might take a couple of years for the fishing to rebound though.

http://www.lakenacimientolive.com/Information/lake-nacimiento-water-level.html