PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lagoon

halochef
01-29-2017, 06:59 PM
hello, is there a topo map of the lagoon? where would i locate one? also i noticed there are no bait shops near this lake. if there is one, can one direct? thanks.
halochef

troutdog
01-29-2017, 08:08 PM
hello, is there a topo map of the lagoon? where would i locate one? also i noticed there are no bait shops near this lake. if there is one, can one direct? thanks.
halochef

Gallions Market is right down the street, bait and deli spot....good luck on the water!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/gallions-market-castaic-2

TD

shinbob
01-29-2017, 09:36 PM
halochef

As mentioned, Gallion's is the place to go. They (and most tackle shops) should have a depth contour map, or you can go to the navionics website:

http://webapp.navionics.com/

Click the little button on the lower left to get higher resolution.

halochef
01-30-2017, 10:37 AM
As mentioned, Gallion's is the place to go. They (and most tackle shops) should have a depth contour map, or you can go to the navionics website:

http://webapp.navionics.com/

Click the little button on the lower left to get higher resolution.

Thanks i have been looking for this site! i like it better than "fishidy"

halochef
02-19-2017, 10:24 AM
hello again if one fishes from the shore at the lagoon is there a risk for snakes or any animals like that around? thanks ps new to Socal from the east coast

halochef
02-19-2017, 01:16 PM
another question. my "color selector" is in storage so what color works for plastic baits and for crank baits? what is the bait fish in the lagoon? trout-shinners-blue gills/sunfish?
thanks

Viejo
02-19-2017, 02:08 PM
hello again if one fishes from the shore at the lagoon is there a risk for snakes or any animals like that around? thanks ps new to Socal from the east coast

Absolutely no danger from any animal or snake or bug. Can't vouch for human activity though.

halochef
03-08-2017, 11:46 AM
another question about the lagoon what colors for soft baits work and how about crankbaits and spinner baits?? thanks

verbalhologram
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM
another question about the lagoon what colors for soft baits work and how about crankbaits and spinner baits?? thanks

senkos: oxblood, green pumpkin,watermelon
roboworms: oxblood, aaron's magic, tequila sunrise

pretty much what I use but I'm sure there are more experienced anglers with a much bigger variety of baits they've been successful with. Going to float tube maybe friday and try some Powerteam lures jigs.

DarkShadow
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Absolutely no danger from any animal or snake or bug. Can't vouch for human activity though.

When you fish the lagoon during the summer at night, it's baby rattlesnake central.

Definitely have to watch where you step, especially since they haven't developed their rattles and are not prone to dry bites.

verbalhologram
03-08-2017, 05:54 PM
When you fish the lagoon during the summer at night, it's baby rattlesnake central.

Definitely have to watch where you step, especially since they haven't developed their rattles and are not prone to dry bites.

really? I went out a lot last summer at night and never even thought about looking for rattlers, I would just see racoons/coyotes/owls/skunks

halochef
03-09-2017, 11:17 AM
thanks guys for the info

halochef
03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
also i was a big bass fisherman with a buddy back in the mid and early 90's. this was in the Pittsburgh, pa. area. fished a lake that we both knew well. still have my worms and baits from that period and the soft baits still are in good shape. Mann's, power baits, grubs, gittizs. buddy passed away and i kinda lost intrest. sold the boat to move out here. hence did go on different sites and watched the new techs that are used. i dont remember the "drop shot" tech back in the 90's. heck i just saw Doug Hannon passed back in '13. and here is a kicker.. when we move out here i packed all my reels, left them on our driveway wall and they all got thrown out. 8 rods and no reels.. did buy 2 to start. live now closse to the lagoon. so i'll fish from sh ore till the house sells and i can buy a big ol' bass boat:LOL:
thanks for listening!
ps thats why all the questions.

DarkShadow
03-09-2017, 02:13 PM
really? I went out a lot last summer at night and never even thought about looking for rattlers, I would just see racoons/coyotes/owls/skunks

Just make sure you always look down.

You'll definitely get a surprise if you wander too far from the campgrounds.

halochef
03-09-2017, 08:30 PM
hey dark shadow you remind me of a tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHmOH7VbYw