PDA

View Full Version : Question on pier hooping

wannabeafisher
10-19-2007, 08:25 AM
I know this is not a report. I am sorry but I want to get info from the masters

Hows the hooping at HB, SB, NP piers??

Not sure never tried it but I would like to go tonight and give it a try. Dont care too much about find a legal but it would be nice.

Thanks for the info,
Wannabe

CoffeaRobusta
10-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I know this is not a report. I am sorry but I want to get info from the masters

Hows the hooping at HB, SB, NP piers??

Not sure never tried it but I would like to go tonight and give it a try. Dont care too much about find a legal but it would be nice.

Thanks for the info,
Wannabe

I am no master but I have tried hooping off all those piers.

HB - Caught a legal lobster out of season. Tried in season during opening weekend but no luck. Also caught sheep crab there. I am told that the old HB pier was turned into underwater habitat nearby so it may house some lobster. HB is a really tall pier as well....dunno if that affects technique much but be sure you have plenty of rope and pull fast on the retrieve.

NP - Tried there once. Caught several slender crabs (like Dungeness but smaller) but they were short of the requiste 4 in. Also caught a sheep crab there.

SB - tried here the most, probably because its the most convenient to me. Caught a legal lobster here, and two legal brown rock crabs in three trips. Though I had tried several times before during summer for nada.....this was likely because I was only trying during the day. Night time is the time for crabs and lobster.

PM me if you wanna hook up tonight or some time this weekend.

boxl0bster
10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
think im going to try SB this saturdya if you guys want to meet up let me know probably 8pm-12am

mg2969
10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
According to Pierfishing.com

http://www.pierfishing.com/resources/in ... beach_pier (http://www.pierfishing.com/resources/index.php?id=piers:seal_beach_pier)

Seal beach pier closes at 10
Dunno if thats a typo or if that has changed or if they are leniant ?

boxl0bster
10-28-2007, 04:49 AM
its 24hrs ive stayed till 4am before. the cops come by on an atv and dont seem to have a problem. there are lots of people on the pier up to about 2am then it starts to die off a bit. but ive gone at least 10 times this past summer and had no problems staying past 10 pm

zZaNg
10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
closes at 12 (midnight).

fishmaniac
11-11-2007, 02:20 AM
2/3rds of Seal Beach pier is open 24 hrs a day. The last 1/3 (there's a gate) is open during Ruby's operational hours.
The night shift manager locks the gate at around 10:00-11:00pm during the week and 11:30pm -2:00am on weekends.
The day shift guy opens the gate at around 5:00-6:00 am.