PDA

View Full Version : Prado Drained Again?

sevenout
11-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Looked up the Prado website the other day to check on trout stocking status and a red lettered announcement popped up indicating the lake will be drained again and 'major renovations' are underway. My guess is that they are going to demolish all of the flora around the lake and make it look more like Legg or other similar lakes in L.A county, not to mention devastating the Bass fishery once again.

Too bad.

thomasb10
11-27-2016, 01:30 PM
yep. was there last week and the guy at the gate told me. took my boat and didn't get one bite for bass. paying $30 for me and a buddy to fish off my boat is insane. He said next month they'll completely drain it and all fish will be washed into the river. so whoever wants to make the hike here in about a month should be in for some good fishing. Not even a small pool will remain like last time they drained it. He also said they would "stock a couple hundred pounds of bass" when completed. Safe to say this lake is completely ruined. Also said it will be drained to fix the pipes, doesn't seem ike a big shore adjustment will be made like you figure. With all these outrageous fees to get on these high pressured lakes is enough for me change approaches. Ive taken a big turn to back bay fishing now. Much easier to pay $10 to launch at a nice ramp with no lines and catch calicos and spotties left and right handed. tight lines

sevenout
11-28-2016, 12:26 AM
You read my mind exactly. With the curtains drawn on Irvine and Corona and Prado on the ropes, im now looking for an inflatable pontoon kayak and going to start targeting bass in the Bay.

DarkShadow
11-28-2016, 04:21 PM
He also said they would "stock a couple hundred pounds of bass" when completed.

I think they tell everyone this whose local body of water is getting drained, and I'm glad you put it in quotes, because that's all it is...empty quotes.

The powers that be also said they would do this to Echo Park as well after it was drained, but the folks in charge apparently stopped checking their emails after the project finished.

Turns out the bass ninjas did a better job than the DFG at Echo. Perhaps they will do the same to Prado when it gets re-filled.