PDA

View Full Version : At what point does accountability matter

canusmellwhat i'mhookin
11-21-2016, 10:08 AM
It seems to me that there's very little or no accountability when it comes to fish plants at the various lakes be it a big one or a small city one. Before posting this I've witnessed many fish plants or lack of any plants during a scheduled plant week. At what part of the process does this accountability place? It's certainly not at the planting location as I have not seen anybody weight or acknowledge receiving shipment of fish by signing a verification of delivery. Is it done at the trout or catfish farms and it's up to the drivers to make the promised deliveries? I don't know what the fish planting budget is but if they're light or missing plants someone along the chain of command could provide a reasonably competent answer which I didn't receive in my attempt to get this answer by calling city,county,and state officals. More money wasted maybe prop 64 will help with all the budgets but my area received no fish.

DarkShadow
11-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Is this a county stock? Is it a DFG stock? Is it a private stock? Is it going into a public lake? Is it going into a private lake?

I think it varies, depending on where the stock is coming from and where it is ending up.

canusmellwhat i'mhookin
11-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Dark
It's a county lake
I see you have many posts can you tell me how to change this thread to the city parks forum

bcoy61
11-21-2016, 11:17 AM
unfortunately stockings have been cut by 2/3 all over the state due to budget cuts,the first place jerry brown and his tree hugging buddies go after is the dfg budget even through we pay for our license's which each and every year and part of our license fee's are to go to stockings program but it doesn't. the state uses it else where like state paid vacations,trips for politicians and raises for them and lets not forget 100k office up grades 10k. chairs to match. when it comes to stocking the local lakes the driver is responsible to check conditions of the water, so that the fish survive if the cormorants don't get them first after stocking, and the driver is to get a signature from someone that witnessed it. amount is anywhere from 250lbs. to 1000lbs. depending the size of the water body. you won't get an answer for any of them!!! and if you do it's all smoke screens and B.S. hope this helps....

Viejo
11-21-2016, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=canusmellwhat i'mhookin;784308]Dark
It's a county lake
I see you have many posts can you tell me how to change this thread to the city parks forum[/QUOTE

You didn't say which county but here's how you can approach it if it really bothers you. Find out which County Supervisor's District the lake resides in. Call his/her office and ask to speak with their Field Rep. Request an appointment for 10 minutes of their time at their office. Go there and meet and state your case. Have the grievance and several solutions available for them to choose from that are agreeable to you. Be willing to compromise. Ask for a call back on the resolution. When you get that, send a thank you note or email.

Let us know how that works.