PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Canyon and Wilderness Park 11/19/16, tough bite

georatm2011
11-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Hey guys, fishing for trout thus far this season has been really tough lately. I was able to catch one trout at CC but otherwise the bite has been horrendously slow. I Also checked out Wilderness park in Downey Yesterday and today with absolutely no luck, the trout are literally in front of your jig and PB but they don't wanna bite. Hoping things pick up soon as this cold fronts stays with us throughout next week. Here is a pic of the trout i caught at CC lake.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNHbecPbs6_gnHzIp4CAEdw8_JJ6SfCdTErSxz7

GUESSWHO222
11-22-2016, 07:40 AM
I went Friday the 8th and Monday the 21st. Friday was a day or two after the stock and the fish had already head out to the middle of the lake. The only people catching fish had 12' light action rods that could cast out past the weeds. I personally didn't get a bite. Monday (yesterday) after the rain, I caught two (3-4lber and <1lb) on a mini-jig with a bobber just past the weeds. I think there are still fish to be caught even though anglers (and the birds) have been slamming the lake.

Yorba Linda Regional stocks this week as well.

etucker1959
11-22-2016, 08:31 AM
I went Friday the 8th and Monday the 21st. Friday was a day or two after the stock and the fish had already head out to the middle of the lake. The only people catching fish had 12' light action rods that could cast out past the weeds. I personally didn't get a bite. Monday (yesterday) after the rain, I caught two (3-4lber and <1lb) on a mini-jig with a bobber just past the weeds. I think there are still fish to be caught even though anglers (and the birds) have been slamming the lake.

Yorba Linda Regional stocks this week as well.

Thanks for the report!!! I just finished up my ocean season unfortunately on a sour note. So I'll be hitting up these lakes too. If you see a good looking white guy in his 50's fishing with the tallest guy in the lake. lol (Glenn) Come by and introduce yourself, I've made some great friends here on FNN!!!!!!

georatm2011
11-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Yorba has been slow thus far, I will be out there tomorrow morning with the kiddos to catch me some trout I'm hoping.

etucker1959
11-22-2016, 05:32 PM
Yorba has been slow thus far, I will be out there tomorrow morning with the kiddos to catch me some trout I'm hoping.

I know it's on the schedule to be stocked this week. I'm going on Turkey Day early, I'm hoping the Truck comes Wed, so fishing on Thursday will be prime. If the fish are already in there Good Luck and I hope you catch a bunch!!!!!!