PDA

View Full Version : 17" from the surf

Steveo54321
11-03-2016, 05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNHcBWNKvs

Landed at 17" halibut from the surf. I know my window of opportunity is shortening for landing my legal because the "California winter" is approaching.
Im open to suggestions if you guys have any to lend. Thanks for watching!

Ornery Bob
11-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Nice catch! Thanks for the video!

SP Dan
11-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Nice fish!
Not a fan on videos but thanx.
The videos just blow up all of the well kept secret spots that everyone in the past has earned by getting out there and has kept private for the locals.

My suggestion: Keep your hook in the water as much as possible, learn to read and identify the different surf conditions and that legal will soon be yours. :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

fish4life
11-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Nice vid! Location Location Location is key to finding better quality fish. If you only have one spot you limit your potential. Best way to find new spots is simply search on google earth + google maps and scan the coast for potential spots. Then drive to each location and give it a shot. I also second SP dan on the vid about revealing fishing spots. Its up to you but if you put the hard work and time to finding a spot don't want to let others cash in on your hard work. But that is just my 2 cents. Good luck man a legal Butt is in your near future :)