PDA

View Full Version : Echo Park 10/28/16

The_underdog
10-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Haven't fished Echo park in years! way before they redid the lake so i thought i would give it a try. I mostly fished a green senko and got lots of bites. I caught two dinks and saw another guy catch a good 1lber.

The area has changed a lot. People in the area looked like they didn't have a worry in the world. taking selfies, walking dogs, napping in the grass, women running solo... Im like what is this?! I remember the good o'l ninja days of jumping the gate and fishing the island was the only safe spot on the lake lol when we fished the island at night we saw cars stolen, people robbed, and a few times some thugs stalked us. But things have changed for the better. ill be back soon. rumor is there are some 5-10lb bass in there

madbass
10-31-2016, 02:10 PM
echo park has changed big time! grew up in hollywood/los feliz area and that place was shady at night but not anymore...looks beautiful and a place you can actually take your kids to...as for the fishing, i heard there isn't any big fish anymore...the fish were transplanted to MacArthur park...might want to check that place out...seen reports here about the big fish with big trout lures.....

thanks for the report!

RocFish
11-01-2016, 04:07 PM
echo park has changed big time! grew up in hollywood/los feliz area and that place was shady at night but not anymore...looks beautiful and a place you can actually take your kids to...as for the fishing, i heard there isn't any big fish anymore...the fish were transplanted to MacArthur park...might want to check that place out...seen reports here about the big fish with big trout lures.....

thanks for the report!

I can vouch for those big bass....i lost two effin Biggens at Mac Arthur....one broke me off...the other spit the hook....best lure for me that works consistenly is a fly lined wacky rigged worm...that trash lake is truelly another fishermans treasure.