PDA

View Full Version : Best lake for shore Bass fishing

Number1topgun
10-03-2016, 06:27 PM
DVL, Perris, Skinner or Elsinore. Which lake has the best shore access for bass fishing?

dday07
10-04-2016, 03:07 PM
DVL, Perris, Skinner or Elsinore. Which lake has the best shore access for bass fishing?
DVL depends on the water level..Perris is ok but sucks no access to the dam right now..i like Skinner for a shore access even though was just there once

Ifishtoolittle
10-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Elsinore is really shallow throughout the lake from what I hear, so depending on the time of the year, fishing may be tough.

jonee523
10-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I was at Perris today along the point at launch 5. I did not even get a bite. Lots of weeds too. Lake Perris is normally a great lake to fish. With the repairs to the dam and water level way low its hit and miss I imagine.... I remember 30-40 fish day from shore....

tight lines,

DarkShadow
10-05-2016, 03:48 PM
DVL.

Just watch out for them rattlesnakes.

BassinPLS
10-06-2016, 06:22 AM
I second the DVL recommendation. This time of year, and with water levels being low at most all of the other lakes, there has been a large amount of grass and "lake weeds" growing in the water close to shore. DVL has a steep shore line and this reduces the width of the weed line closer to shore. Plus the water level has been rising at DVL, (one of the few lakes this is occurring), and as a result the weeds are submerged and will not caused as many headaches fishing from shore. Plus, with the no water contact requirement at DVL, you won't have to be listening to all of the water lice!

Dido, on keeping an eye open for rattlesnakes!

Number1topgun
10-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I will be making a trip there very soon.

shiromaguro88
10-06-2016, 07:58 AM
I was at DVL yesterday. I haven't fished from the shore at DVL since March. Looks like all the previous trails used for shore fishing is all submerged now. Access to shore fishing area seems very steep now. There was a lot of submerged trees in the east dam area and lots of early morning activity, fish crashing the surface. However, most fish were 6-8 inches.leterally tons of these everywhere. I would recommend renting a boat they are half price on Wednesday.

CPT.Kirk
10-06-2016, 11:56 AM
I know it is not one of the choices but Puddingstone has been very good to me this year. Nothing real big but more 3-5 pound bass then I have ever caught in a single season.
It is showing signs of slowing down right now, I have had to go to drop shoting.

I think it will pick up again before it slows down for winter. There is a lot of bait in the shallows shad and silversides.
those in the know are catching large crappie.
@bassinthehood www.bassinthehood.com

briseno09
10-17-2016, 10:22 AM
I know it is not one of the choices but Puddingstone has been very good to me this year. Nothing real big but more 3-5 pound bass then I have ever caught in a single season.
It is showing signs of slowing down right now, I have had to go to drop shoting.

I think it will pick up again before it slows down for winter. There is a lot of bait in the shallows shad and silversides.
those in the know are catching large crappie.
@bassinthehood www.bassinthehood.com

I went there two weeks ago with not even a bite. I was shore fishing. Where do you usually go to fish the pud? Show me your ways hahahaa