PDA

View Full Version : Fished the boat Grande out of Point Loma Sportfishing San Diego 9-24

Jig-Guy
09-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Hi gang, went on an overnight on the Grande 9-24-2016 private charter. The boat landed 3 yellow fin tuna little guys. We had 29 fisherman on board and mostly newbes. They did not keep their lines in front of them :Neutral: so that was not good for me since I was fishing a Rosita "Fast Eddie" pattern swimbait.
Anyway the tuna were around our boat but did not want to play. Lots & lots of boats out there but I do not think the did any better than us.
The crew was good with a good attitude. The food was good. I had a problem with the boats bunks, to small for me, I am an old guy.
I do not have a hand held GPS but I was told we were less than 40 miles out from San Diego.
Anyway we went fishing and not much catching but I did have a good time with all the fisherman and crew.:Big Grin:
TL's
Bill / jig-guy

Brewcrafter
09-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Great you had a good time - that's what it's all about! No shame in a trip like that, elsewhere on the forum folks were making the good point that they would rather get blanked on a trip with a chance at some good fish as opposed to "playing It safe" and ending up with counts of little perch and rockfish. I know the boats feel the pressure to "post numbers" but it sounds like you had a good trip with a fun crew and hopefully the "newbies" had enough fun to want to keep fishing and gained enough experience so that if they go for a second trip they'll be prepared for better action!

vdisney
10-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Great you had a good time - that's what it's all about!! Agree, sounds like a good time