PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Big Bear Lake

Cameron
09-15-2016, 06:53 AM
Took my family up to Big Bear for a lil fishing after 4 long years of dry lines. OMG it felt good to see a sunrise on the lake again and we really miss living up there and cant wait to get back.
Anyway hit the red house at about 5:45 and started casting out poles just north of the point. I hooked him up on a slip bobber set to about 10ft with some salmon egg peach PB. I rigged mine up with a inflated crawler and some garlic PB on the slip bobber a lil deeper but not much I kept in between 8-12 feet with the lake D/O and temp pretty much the same from top to bottom.
I hooked my lil girl up with a inflated crawler and PB as well but on a standard rig setup with 3 ft leader on the PB.
We had been there about fifteen minutes when the boys bobber went down and he was able to hook up. Took him a minute since he hasnt been fishing in a minute and was a bit excited as was I.
Nothing like putting your kids on some fish. After all the drag squealing he ended up with a nice holdover and a huge smile. My son managed to hook up again about 30 min and this fish was alil bigger as it ran in and turned by the shoreline I caught a glimpse. It looked to be about twice the size but spit the hook when it ran back out.
We stayed until 11:00 a.m. and headed to a friends house waiting for the wind to die down, which never happened.
All in all the lake was fairly crowded and very very low with folks every to 10 yards. As we watched folks that were there when we showed up leaving with empty stringers I was real happy to see my son all happy with the only fish we saw caught that morning.
There was a small child about 2-3 on his first trip that had not seen a fish so I had the boy walk his fish over there. The kid was cool until that fish moved and the kid flipped out. Darn fish was almost a s big as him lol.
All in all a great day fishing trip with my family for my kids birthday trip. Lil upset that the only thing I could put my daughter on was a tiny sculpin on a worm.
Only 1 more year free fishing for the girl and 2 more for the boy. I did manage to catch a sweet early morning beer buzz.
Tight Lines.
49040490534905249051490504904949048490474904649045 4904449043490424904149054

vonfranko
09-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Thank you for the report and glad you guys got on some fish!

Really been wanting to get out there, but just waiting for things to cool down. The trout fishing gets so slow in the heat from shore.

sovietsky19
09-16-2016, 03:39 PM
Nice catch guys! What spot are you on, I am having trouble understanding what part of the lake you are at.

Cameron
09-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Nice catch guys! What spot are you on, I am having trouble understanding what part of the lake you are at.

In front of the red house north shore. Thanks.

BassinPLS
09-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Cameron,

What a great report. The best I've seen in a long time. You have a beautiful family and such a great Dad to enjoy the sun raise and fishing for trout with his loved ones...such fond memories!

Viejo
09-17-2016, 09:42 AM
You really had a nice family post here along with your son catching such a nice fish. Sharing the great family experience with your growing kids. Setting a good example by sharing your time with your kids and your boy's fish with another child.

You got me at the end, though when you proudly shared a less then stellar example, "I did manage to catch a sweet early morning beer buzz".

Having lost one friend in my life to a drunk driver....in the mountains....I could have done without that. Makes you wonder how many others (every ten feet a fisherman) had the same breakfast of champions?

Yogis fishing partner
09-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Anyone drinking and driving those mountain roads must have a few brain cells lost from their head:!!!::!!!: Great photos and a nice looking family.

YBF :Big Grin::Big Grin:

Cameron
09-18-2016, 06:57 PM
You really had a nice family post here along with your son catching such a nice fish. Sharing the great family experience with your growing kids. Setting a good example by sharing your time with your kids and your boy's fish with another child.

You got me at the end, though when you proudly shared a less then stellar example, "I did manage to catch a sweet early morning beer buzz".

Having lost one friend in my life to a drunk driver....in the mountains....I could have done without that. Makes you wonder how many others (every ten feet a fisherman) had the same breakfast of champions?

Well first off let me say again it was a early morning beer buzz that consisted of a 12oz Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at 6 a.m. Considering my size 6ft 250lbs That beer was gone from my system by 8 a.m., on top of that my wife drove us to our close friends house on the mountain at around 11 a.m. Where I sat and watched football the rest of the day while my kids visited with friends until about 6 p.m. when we headed back down the mountain.
I would by no way shape or form put my child's life in danger but thanks for the assumption on my character and your obvious lack of knowledge of me and my less than stellar example.
Thanks for checking out my thread everyone that didnt try to chastise me. Like I can afford a 20k DWI :EyePop:

gamekiller
09-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Way to get the family out there Cameron.kudos buddy.

Viejo u make my boner sad.

ichthus
09-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Great report! way to get the whole family out there! I could almost smell the water, dirt and pines in those pics! Beautiful...Congrats to the Boy, and the girl will gettum next time! Btw, in my mind, as I was living your experience vicariously, it tasted more like Sam Adams than Sierra Nevada ;-) !

Cameron
10-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the love folks it really was a special day for us. It was the first time in four years & I lived there for a few years. So I went from fishing daily to nothing do to illness that forced us off the mountain.
**** this Big Bear Lake section wasnt around and I took up a lot of space with reports. I stopped posting though because the site was just a place for bullies to gather and bash the hell out of those different than them or over techniques. I see that a lot more new people are showing up more giving great reports and less trolls so I returned.

I need to edit my reply to Viejo ! My post should of read "a couple of 12.oz" but I missed it. I also had some medical cannabis to help with my head pain and to help ease the symptoms from the MS.
Intense head pain and double vision make conversations hard for me sometimes.
I would like to add that I am sorry for your loss my friend that must have been rough on you.

I like good beer & brew my own when I can but I am not a drunk or a idiot. I apologize for snapping like that on ya but I was a lil pissy this being my first trip back to what I consider HOME.
I get your message buddy maybe next time try not wording in such a way and this thread may have been more fun and enjoyable for the site.
49104:Smile:

M@M
11-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Keep posting Cameron! F..k them haters! Fishing is suppose to be fun! Thanks for the report! Let's hope Big Bear Lake fills back up this year!!