PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile, but hello.

skunked4life
09-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Well, it's been about 2 yrs or so since I've been here. Passed the California bar, got laid off, reconciled with my wife (twice), and took a year off to devote to the kids and church. Hardly fished at all during that time.

My wife asked me to go have some alone time this morning. What she meant was, "catch me some fresh fish."

Ok, got the gear dusted off and found out one of my favorite reels is broken. Got my back up and headed out to the AO. Minimal surf, but tons of weeds.

Fished for 1 hr and birds nested for about 45 min of that time. Guess I need practice. Found a spot that looked promising, made a cast and it all came back to me. That familiar thump and head shake...found me a legal. It took me into kelp and I dragged about 15 pounds of fish and salad. Fish was 24 inches and a keeper.

I am sorry for not being on at all during these past couple years guys. Truly. Fishing just didn't bring me joy anymore. I think I'll slowly get back into it though.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a589/benjilovers/2E9D2D89-C952-4DBE-951B-D3ADFC88E06D_zpskl2o0dur.jpg

I missed you guys.

Skunked4life

anchor3n1
09-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Wow nice to Cya post a report again Ken : ) Great way to get yourself re-imitated bro - a 24" flatty!!!

bones
09-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Welcome back Ken. After that story all I can say is things gotta get better for sure.
Nice flatty too!

pastorsheldon
09-04-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm sure you meant it that way but don't devote yourself to the church, devote yourself to Christ. The church comes along with that. Just a pastor talking. PS. I love it when my wife tells me I ought to go fishing and she doesn't even care that much for eating fish.

murphy
09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Life is crazy... Glad ur back

madbass
09-06-2016, 10:51 AM
a legal well deserved!!
glad you were able to connect with your targeted species. looks like you'll be eating well :)

thanks for sharing!

SP Dan
09-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Well .... it's about time you posted up something again! :Big Grin: lol

Congrat's on your ... keeper.

What's this .... you don't care to fish anymore ... :EyePop: HUH!!
Well ... that was pretty good beginners lucks then. ha ha ha

I'm still out there every Sat and Sun hitting it 5-8 hrs per session,
maybe we'll run into one another in the salt Brotha. I look forward to hooking up again.

Thanx for the sharing,

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
09-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Welcome back Ken... you were missed. :Cool:
Glad to hear things are back on track and your Faith is intact... :Big Grin:
Like I said before, if you need anything, give me a call... :Wink:

Which Way Out
10-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Ken you lost me when you said you passed the bar. I can't pass a bar to save make arse. JK buddy. Good to see you back out with the sun shinning apon you.