PDA

View Full Version : Personal Best

pastorsheldon
08-28-2016, 09:57 AM
Took a trip on the Patriot out of Newport Landing August 24th. We got into a very nice school of large yellowtail. I caught my personal best. Didn't catch a lot that day but there was enough on this fish to feed the folks in my church who love for me to fish :Big Grin:

bowler
08-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Took a trip on the Patriot out of Newport Landing August 24th. We got into a very nice school of large yellowtail. I caught my personal best. Didn't catch a lot that day but there was enough on this fish to feed the folks in my church who love for me to fish :Big Grin:

Nice job. Was a limited load?

TUNAVIC
08-29-2016, 08:52 AM
Very nice,congrats! Love me some hamachi!

Cya Tuna Vic

murrieta angler
08-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah,
My Pastors always seem to know when I have fish <>< :LOL:
Robert

pastorsheldon
09-04-2016, 09:45 AM
It was 40 people

LordIsGod
09-05-2016, 09:01 PM
The Lord provides, always.

BassinPLS
09-06-2016, 07:35 AM
pastorsheldpn.

I was on the Patriot that very same day, (if I remember the date correctly). We had great bait, large sardines, and on the way out I figured it was going to be a great day.

The seals at Santa Catalina Island were a real pain in the a**! They followed the boat to every stop. The Captain try his best to get away from them and keep moving, but the seals swam as fast as the boat would move and were waiting for the chum as soon as we stopped. The Yellowtail stayed out away from the boat and the seals ate their fill of the sardines. First time that I have been skunked in a very long time! The yellow were good size and it just broke my heart to see a seal trying to choke down a 30+# Yellowtail it had stolen from a guys hook-up!

ichthus
09-07-2016, 10:49 AM
That is a Toad! Congrats!

Wingnut
09-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Nice catch, congrats on the Personal Best Pastor. :Thumbs Up:

pastorsheldon
09-11-2016, 09:15 AM
pastorsheldpn.

I was on the Patriot that very same day, (if I remember the date correctly). We had great bait, large sardines, and on the way out I figured it was going to be a great day.

The seals at Santa Catalina Island were a real pain in the a**! They followed the boat to every stop. The Captain try his best to get away from them and keep moving, but the seals swam as fast as the boat would move and were waiting for the chum as soon as we stopped. The Yellowtail stayed out away from the boat and the seals ate their fill of the sardines. First time that I have been skunked in a very long time! The yellow were good size and it just broke my heart to see a seal trying to choke down a 30+# Yellowtail it had stolen from a guys hook-up!

Yeah probably the same day. The seals were a pain, thankfully they didn't get mine.