PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought....

Beautiful Stik
08-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Has anybody ever thought about using trolling skirts as a casting or bottom jig? I'm thinking if you bought some smaller mackeral-ish colored troilliing skirts and you rigged them either in a drop shot or a Carolina rig with a long shank hook they could be a good setup to try. What do you think. Like I said though, just a thought.

Theos
08-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Has anybody ever thought about using trolling skirts as a casting or bottom jig? I'm thinking if you bought some smaller mackeral-ish colored troilliing skirts and you rigged them either in a drop shot or a Carolina rig with a long shank hook they could be a good setup to try. What do you think. Like I said though, just a thought.

It's worth a try, I've caught saltwater fish on freshwater plastics before. Once I won a jackpot fishing freshwater striper eel plastics 6 inches long, I have also done well with the brush hog type soft plastics for bass, rock fish and Halibut.

TUNAVIC
08-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Well......sometimes they'll bite anything,and sometimes they'll bite nothing,definitely worth a try!

Cya Tuna Vic