PDA

View Full Version : The return

Fishin4runner
08-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Well after a 2 year vacation fishing the salt and working the kids keep asking me to take them out so after 2 years I return to the staic. So saturday was the day, it was me the o'lady and the two youngsters (5 and 8). We left early and as usual we were first in line. Gotta to meet up with trollmeister who second. After talking for a bit we got in and we were the first boat out. Since I like to do my own thing and not really into chasing boils with 20 other boats I dropped the rigs and headed towards the fish arm. Not much going on so I headed west. Found some good schools and put the kids on some fish. We lost quite a few but the kids were having a blast. Especially when I would say watch your poles your gonna get hit. And sure enough bam fish on, both poles going off like clock work. Kinda glad I brought the O'lady because she was a massive help with the kids while I was trying to steer a tiller, coach the kids to keep reeling to keep their lines tight, and land their fish. We had multiple doubles and triples. The best part was putting my 5 year old on his first striper. The sparkles in his eyes and the sheer excitement was more memorable then the fish. Here is a pic of the carnage. Guess the Quartz hill boyz (lol bob) still can catch fish at the staic..

TroutOnly
08-17-2016, 07:48 PM
.....ya buddy ,trolly told me he saw you killin them...........

catchingsomefish
08-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, you Quartz Hill guys killing it, now if only this Palmdale/Acton guy could do a little of that, lol..............Dave

Fishin4runner
08-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Thanks bob and dave. The day started off slow but after some adjustments on depth we killed it. Gonna head out again this saturday, hopefully if work cooperates. And Dave I don't know ya but I will leave an open invite if you ever wanna fish the staic together hit me up.

Stumpknocker
08-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Congrats Fishin4runner...nothing beats helping your kids catch fish...and at their ages, the fun is just starting!

catchingsomefish
08-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Thank you for the offer Chris, one of these day we will have to do that!..................Dave