PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Bishop Creek/Lake Sabrina Area Any advice appreciated

bmachale
08-09-2016, 11:32 AM
My wife and I are going to stay at Parchers Resort near Lake Sabrina for three nights. It will be our first time in that area.

I am looking for any advice for fishing Inlet 1 and/or 2 Bishop Creek above and below the lake and the lake itself.

This is a big experiment to get my wife into Eastern Sierra fishing and eventually camping.

So a successful trip with some knowledge is very important.

Thank you one and all.

Marley
08-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Great choice, staying at Parchers. You know that you will be spoiling your wife and that she will never want to stay anywhere else...

As for fishing, I always use nightcrawlers for lake fishing and in the Sierras, that means baby 'crawlers, or "dillies." Carolina rig them or fish them under a bobber, both ways are deadly. For streams it's a single red salmon drifted on the current, or a small white Rooster tail. Best bet, though, is look up Smitty at Parcher's. He is just about the best resource of knowledge on fishing and Parcher's/South Lake is "his" canyon so you won't get any better advice anywhere.
Good luck, and post up a report!

bmachale
08-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks Marley. I will for sure look up Smitty.

I looked at the map again and it looks like we will be closer to South Lake. Hitting that first. Maybe even rent a boat. Will also explore Sabrina and Bishop reek.

So many places to see and only 4 days.

seal
08-09-2016, 03:39 PM
It's a very easy area to fish several different lakes and Bishop creek south and middle fork. You may also want to pick up some meal worms, they work great on both the small browns and rainbows and you use the same setup as Marley indicated for salmon eggs, you can switch back and forth to find out what hits. Now if you are a fly fisherman I can give you more advice on that but as far as lures a small panther martin in all gold has always been a go to and if you can find them a rooster tail in black and gold. Of course Thomas Bouyants work fantastic in the lakes.

CHUCKY
08-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Hike to the inlet of lake Sabrina. Best fishing in the sierras in my opinion

Marley
08-10-2016, 04:59 PM
....So many places to see and only 4 days.

True dat but you know what it means.... you're just going to have to go back!