PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Valley Reservior and River Section Biking

bmachale
08-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Are you allowed to ride a bike on the road that parallels the PVR? How about the river from the Power Plant on Gorge Road down to the lake?

Thank you

John Harper
08-08-2016, 02:02 PM
I believe so. I've seen people on bikes at the dam end on that service road. I would assume it goes all the way to the powerplant off Gorge Road. No reason you couldn't take a bike down from the powerplant as far as I know. I was at the powerplant back in April and don't recall seeing any signs prohibiting bicycles.

John

Viejo
08-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I see guys park at the power plant and have little trailers on their bikes. Should be fine.

DarkShadow
08-08-2016, 02:28 PM
What better way to drag your float tubes up there!

I've seen various float tubers using bikes to get their rigs up there. I think you should be fine.

FishinUSA
08-08-2016, 03:24 PM
The answer is yes.... It just can't have any kind of motor. It's a great way to cover a lot of ground fairly quickly...

tpfishnfool
08-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Only way to go at PVR.

bmachale
08-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Thank you!

treysmith
08-23-2016, 08:36 AM
I got stopped and warned they said it was a 150 dollar ticket

seal
08-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Credibility is questionable based on only one other thread posted on and that was all about crap. I do not tube and fish Pleasant valley like I use to but bikes were the norm for many. I never had a problem with the walk even with a tube on my back but all I know is that tricked out bike tube trailers were pretty common.

eah
08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
I have biked in many times, never a problem. Using a cart is the way to go .... rods, tackle, net, food, drinks, a boat load of fish coming back, etc. ... I recommend you start at the power plant (north end). The distance to stocking ramp is about the same, but at my age I truly hate the hill at the south end. Also, do not know if the story is true, but a local told me that during then summer, the dam has a very good LMB bit.