PDA

View Full Version : Boat inspection?

dixoncider
08-02-2016, 10:46 AM
I know about the Quagga inspection but I can't remember whats involved with the safety inspection to get the water district sticker? Didn't you need an orange flag or something? Are they doing these inspections at all hours of operation still? Any striper reports? Closed Monday and Tuesday is something new.

DEVOREFLYER
08-02-2016, 11:15 AM
PFD's, floating cushion (throwable), air horn/whistle, safety flag, fire extinguisher.

dixoncider
08-02-2016, 04:37 PM
PFD's, floating cushion (throwable), air horn/whistle, safety flag, fire extinguisher.

Thanks..!!! I forgot all about the whistle or horn ...

shinbob
08-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Is the safety flag a DVL-only requirement? I have never heard of that being required for lakes, but I only fish Castaic/Pyramid/Piru. Don't recall ever being asked for one.

dixoncider
08-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Is the safety flag a DVL-only requirement? I have never heard of that being required for lakes, but I only fish Castaic/Pyramid/Piru. Don't recall ever being asked for one.

You need one if you are waterskiing . Why you need one at Dvl I have no idea? Maybe you don't anymore but you did at one time.. That's the only reason I have one.

DEVOREFLYER
08-02-2016, 06:22 PM
I had to borrow one from a friend to pass at DVL.

bassnet
08-02-2016, 07:37 PM
My experience last month, no worries on horns or flags or cigs in the boat, just be clean and dry and you're good to go-

dixoncider
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Got inspected today, No problems. I did it with my old boat several years ago and it seemed like a bigger deal then then now. Striper report for today was Zero... fished all over the place, didn't meter anything.