PDA

View Full Version : English springs park

bowler
07-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I went to try this park because I heard there is bass in there. So I put on Jackall swim bait and within 10 minutes I hook into a nice bass. I keep moving around the lake and keep getting hook up but they don't stick. Finally I get one to stay on. Keep moving and getting more hook ups but they keep getting off then I get one more to stick. Then some lady yelling at me and this girl that meet me there and told us there is no fishing so we both leave but not before I got 3 bass and lost about 9 others. The girl hooked 2 and lost both.

contium
07-30-2016, 10:09 PM
I've been tempted to fish it as I live several hundred yards from there and all the no fishing sings kind of indicate fishing is prohibited. They will ticket you if caught and will arrest you if found in there after hours. I wish it wasn't so. Since some waterfowl were found injured and tangled in fishing line, they claim to have frequent patrols.

bowler
07-31-2016, 12:21 AM
I've been tempted to fish it as I live several hundred yards from there and all the no fishing sings kind of indicate fishing is prohibited. They will ticket you if caught and will arrest you if found in there after hours. I wish it wasn't so. Since some waterfowl were found injured and tangled in fishing line, they claim to have frequent patrols.

There were no sign by the lake that said no fishing. I wouldn't even tried if there were signs

dday07
07-31-2016, 09:46 AM
There were no sign by the lake that said no fishing. I wouldn't even tried if there were signsBe careful..might of missed it 48823

bowler
07-31-2016, 01:26 PM
Be careful..might of missed it 48823

That sign was not there yesterday. They might have just put it up. It looks new.

Viejo
07-31-2016, 02:41 PM
That sign was not there yesterday. They might have just put it up. It looks new.

Ahhhhh.yesterday was Saturday. I am sure they normally schedule to install signs around the lake on Saturdays. Yeah....I believe those weren't there yesterday and you posted pictures of the bass you caught. Nobody will believe you and they'll all flock to the lake themselves and post pictures of the big bass on the internet and you'll wonder why the fishing got lousy and municipal employees will start monitoring for people who don't read signs.....well, we know what will happen.

bassnet
07-31-2016, 06:38 PM

Yeah it does, so does the pair of Rainbow sandals I'm wearing, bought in 2009. I only wear them on days that end in Y

bowler
07-31-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah it does, so does the pair of Rainbow sandals I'm wearing, bought in 2009. I only wear them on days that end in Y

I walked around the whole lake and saw nothing. I wouldn't even tried if there we a no fishing sign. All I saw were don't feed the animals signs. And that picture is from an old blog from 2012.

carpanglerdude
08-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Be careful..might of missed it 48823

Hmm, that sign looks familiar.

There was a post about a ninja fisherman here a while back who ran into trouble at that particular pond. Nice water feature to keep it aerated.

BALLERONBUDGET
08-01-2016, 04:48 PM
how bout almansor park anyone?????? hmmmmmmm tons of unwanted slider turltes and even huge soft shell ones with the pointed noses...geeez those go for $20 each down to street for those that eat em as a meal!!!!! good shoreline with crappola all over the place...

looks fishable and no one probably gonna care since they ILLEGALLY feeding the ducks anyways.... as It doesn't stop them aswell

seal
08-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Hell some commit murder too, it's illegal and doesn't stop them. Laws who needs um.

DarkShadow
08-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Yeah it does, so does the pair of Rainbow sandals I'm wearing, bought in 2009.

LOL.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/a/T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9fjOBQ0R94)+5w~~/s-l300.jpg

I bought these in '83. Still got lots of tread on it.

Lady Quagga
08-03-2016, 12:51 PM

And that picture is from an old blog from 2012.

That sign does NOT look brand new.

And Google Street View clearly shows the "No Fishing" signs posted as of July 2015. Around the lake.

Perhaps a GoFundMe account would be in order. You know, to finance improvements to eye vision.

bowler
08-06-2016, 02:47 PM

And Google Street View clearly shows the "No Fishing" signs posted as of July 2015. Around the lake.

Perhaps a GoFundMe account would be in order. You know, to finance improvements to eye vision.
I walked around the lake and there were no signs. And I do wear glasses to see. If I saw signs that said no fishing I would have not fished. Plus there is signs all over the lake that says don't feed the wildlife and what is everyone doing there feeding the ducks and turtles.

bowler
08-06-2016, 02:52 PM

I just looked at Google maps street view and I didn't see any signs that says no fishing. Like I said there were no signs next to the lake that clearly says no fishing.

inthezone
08-07-2016, 05:09 PM
I just looked at Google maps street view and I didn't see any signs that says no fishing. Like I said there were no signs next to the lake that clearly says no fishing.

even if there was that sign there, they cannot ticket you or arrest you as there is no penal code or cvc number or whatvever that number is called on the sign. they could only harass you.

Viejo
08-07-2016, 07:56 PM
I'd argue with them. Tell them how the law works. They'll appreciate being educated about not having any penal code or cvc or whatever that number is called on the sign. Oh and have your buddy tape the encounter with their cell phone. They really like that. Guaranteed....you'll walk away scot free.

bowler
08-07-2016, 08:54 PM
even if there was that sign there, they cannot ticket you or arrest you as there is no penal code or cvc number or whatvever that number is called on the sign. they could only harass you.

Haha good to know

bowler
08-07-2016, 08:56 PM
I'd argue with them. Tell them how the law works. They'll appreciate being educated about not having any penal code or cvc or whatever that number is called on the sign. Oh and have your buddy tape the encounter with their cell phone. They really like that. Guaranteed....you'll walk away scot free.

I did argue with the lady. I should have put it on periscope so the whole world could see. Then the lady had the nerve to feed the wildlife even when there is signs saying don't feed the wildlife.

seal
08-08-2016, 08:23 AM
He's right no codes. I say turn it into a swimming pool.

Lady Quagga
08-10-2016, 12:59 PM

Seems GoFundMe might be looking better and better.

That is nonsense. Penal/Municipal codes do not have to be posted on the signs in order to be enforced.

Blow a stop sign in front of a cop and make that argument to him. And the judge too while you're at it.

Next folks will be arguing that the codes don't even exist. (Spoiler Alert: they do.)

I say turn it into a swimming pool.

Or a bathhouse....

DarkShadow
08-10-2016, 06:17 PM
That is nonsense. Penal/Municipal codes do not have to be posted on the signs in order to be enforced.

Blow a stop sign in front of a cop and make that argument to him. And the judge too while you're at it.

Poppycawk!

It's written under every stop sign, just in tiny letters. Just like the speed limit signs on the freeways.

I trust jailhouse counsel.

bowler
08-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Seems GoFundMe might be looking better and better.

Next folks will be arguing that the codes don't even exist. (Spoiler Alert: they do.)

Or a bathhouse....
Well you say there is signs you can see from street view but you have not shown any pictures to state your facts. Funny thing is street view doesn't go around the lake so I don't know how you can see any of the signs if they are there.

Lady Quagga
08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Well you say there is signs you can see from street view but you have not shown any pictures to state your facts. Funny thing is street view doesn't go around the lake so I don't know how you can see any of the signs if they are there.

Street View most certainly goes around the lake, via the street. (Hence the name.) And one of the signs is visible from it.

I really don't care if you choose to deny their existence. The signs ARE there, the ordinance DOES exist, and I would hate to see any of my fellow FNN members get cited for fishing English Springs based on YOUR information.

Poppycawk!

I'll see your poppycawk, and raise you one balderdash!

DarkShadow
08-11-2016, 12:33 PM
I'll see your poppycawk, and raise you one balderdash!

That's a bunch of malarkey.

bassnet
08-11-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm getting tired of these shenanigans

BALLERONBUDGET
08-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Put $$ where u mouth is or offer reward gift hooks/sinkers etx for someone to put pix of that sign..
It shouldn't be hard or grab cell phone shot of it with those trees in background. Not a repost of someone else's photo from few years back

Assumingly Bowler who puts videos /info out wudnt self incriminate himself and then tell everybody
Of a crime he committed or lack of knowledge of a violation....only idoits do that! A few years ago
A vato in sgv area had a tattoo of a homicide he committed with details all on ink. The case was unsolved
Until he got arrested and his tats were the details cops needed to charge him for murder!!!!!

Some peeps out there just like stirring up others posts. Google maps of lake signs on curb??? Doubt it They only go from the
Driving lanes in traffic.

bassnet
08-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Enough of your monkeyshines already

bowler
08-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Some peeps out there just like stirring up others posts. Google maps of lake signs on curb??? Doubt it They only go from the
Driving lanes in traffic.

I already told her that. The only lake I know you can see the No Fishing signs with penal codes on it is a park next to the Oc fairgrounds. The park in near where the horses are at. And the reason you can see the No Fishing sign is because the lake is next to the road.

Lady Quagga
08-13-2016, 01:16 PM
I already told her that. The only lake I know you can see the No Fishing signs with penal codes on it is a park next to the Oc fairgrounds. The park in near where the horses are at. And the reason you can see the No Fishing sign is because the lake is next to the road.

Once again, the signs are there. They *can* be seen via the street, let alone the walkway. The ordinance for Chino Hills exists as well, and since you've already admitted to fishing there, you're guilty. Ignorance of the law (or willful blindness) is no excuse.

Lady Quagga
08-13-2016, 01:19 PM
Enough of your monkeyshines already

Tommyrot!!

contium
08-13-2016, 04:40 PM
http://contium.com/FNN/sign.jpg

bowler
08-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Once again, the signs are there. They *can* be seen via the street, let alone the walkway. The ordinance for Chino Hills exists as well, and since you've already admitted to fishing there, you're guilty. Ignorance of the law (or willful blindness) is no excuse.

Like I said if I would of seen a no fishing sign I wouldn't even tried to fish there. Plus the sign you say are on the walkway are no where near the lake. Plus there is no penal code on them as you can see from any of the pictures.

contium
08-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Plus there is no penal code on them as you can see from any of the pictures.

So you think any sign without a penal code is yours to ignore?

bowler
08-13-2016, 07:27 PM
So you think any sign without a penal code is yours to ignore?

I never saw any sign at the lake. I looked around before I started fishing. Like what everyone is saying no penal code they can't do any to you.

contium
08-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Like what everyone is saying no penal code they can't do any to you.

So that would be a yes then. I would imagine if caught, the Chino Hills Sheriff would come up with something such as disorderly conduct. I've been arrested for wading in a lake. Had to see a judge and pay a fine even though there was no penal code or even signs saying no wading. Sure, I could have lawyred up but what would have that cost?

bowler
08-13-2016, 07:53 PM
So that would be a yes then. I would imagine if caught, the Chino Hills Sheriff would come up with something such as disorderly conduct. I've been arrested for wading in a lake. Had to see a judge and pay a fine even though there was no penal code or even signs saying no wading. Sure, I could have lawyred up but what would have that cost?

Trust I have had my run in with the police never been arrest. I been fishing in place I shouldn't be in only to be told just to leave. I even fished a golf course pond and had security tell I could fish there only when no one is at the tee they did want me to get hit with a golf ball.

contium
08-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Poppycawk!

It's written under every stop sign, just in tiny letters. Just like the speed limit signs on the freeways.

I trust jailhouse counsel.

I was driving around today when I took the no fishing sign picture and stop signs and speed limit signs had no penal code on them. I walked up to them and inspected them closely. They said nothing other than stop or the speed limit.

seal
08-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Trust I have had my run in with the police never been arrest. I been fishing in place I shouldn't be in only to be told just to leave. I even fished a golf course pond and had security tell I could fish there only when no one is at the tee they did want me to get hit with a golf ball.

You have now admitted to fishing illegally in different areas yet you continue to make a really ignorant argument about the legality of fishing at this particular park. Many on this website over the years have posted of their ninja fishing experiences so you have quite a few that will come to your defense and really most of us could give a rats behind whether you fish illegally or not but it is important that others understand the legality of fishing there.

What confounds me most is when ninja fishermen post of their exploits on the internet. Soon there could be many more fishing at this park and then the authorities will crack down and maybe even put signs up with civil codes on them, then according to your broad legal experience and knowledge you will be screwed! Oh that's right you just break laws and walk away nobody ever gets tickets for fishing illegally right?

inthezone
08-14-2016, 11:44 AM
You have now admitted to fishing illegally in different areas yet you continue to make a really ignorant argument about the legality of fishing at this particular park. Many on this website over the years have posted of their ninja fishing experiences so you have quite a few that will come to your defense and really most of us could give a rats behind whether you fish illegally or not but it is important that others understand the legality of fishing there.

What confounds me most is when ninja fishermen post of their exploits on the internet. Soon there could be many more fishing at this park and then the authorities will crack down and maybe even put signs up with civil codes on them, then according to your broad legal experience and knowledge you will be screwed! Oh that's right you just break laws and walk away nobody ever gets tickets for fishing illegally right?

can you ever fish illegally in California? article 1 section 25 says that you have the rights to fish on public land therefore he is not breaking the law and whoever writes the ticket is actually breaking the because they took an oath to protect the Constitution?

bassnet
08-14-2016, 06:16 PM
This palaver is leading to claptrap

goodguy
08-15-2016, 07:45 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't live in the area and have never been to this park. But just doing a google search typing in "english springs park fishing". The first few items that come up do mention NO FISHING.. And the 12th pic that pops up under images is the No Fishing sign... Seems pretty cut and dry here...

DarkShadow
08-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Like what everyone is saying no penal code they can't do any to you.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/791/307/629.gif

I. Just. Can't.

seal
08-15-2016, 10:31 AM
can you ever fish illegally in California? article 1 section 25 says that you have the rights to fish on public land therefore he is not breaking the law and whoever writes the ticket is actually breaking the because they took an oath to protect the Constitution?

Yes please use this logic I am sure there will never be any repercussions.

inthezone
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Yes please use this logic I am sure there will never be any repercussions.

yes I think you are right. I have already use it and won my case in court...everytime I get stop for fishing and bring this up, for some reason the authorities seems to get mad for an unknown reason.

DarkShadow
08-15-2016, 11:59 AM
yes I think you are right. I have already use it and won my case in court...

There you go, Seal.

Lake Matthews run!! Then we invade the MLPAs.

Who's all down?!

inthezone
08-15-2016, 12:02 PM
honestly who is the real criminal? the fisherman who is practicing their California constitution rights or the authorities who is violating the Fisherman's right when they took an oath to protect the constitution? hahahahah you tell me.

5shot
08-15-2016, 01:31 PM
"ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS [SECTION 1 - SEC. 31] ( Article 1 adopted 1879. )

Section 25.
The people shall have the right to fish upon and from the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof, excepting upon lands set aside for fish hatcheries, and no land owned by the State shall ever be sold or transferred without reserving in the people the absolute right to fish thereupon; and no law shall ever be passed making it a crime for the people to enter upon the public lands within this State for the purpose of fishing in any water containing fish that have been planted therein by the State; provided, that the legislature may by statute, provide for the season when and the conditions under which the different species of fish may be taken."

English Springs Park has never been in "state land". It went from a Spanish Land Grant, to private ownership, to housing development, to donation to the City of Chino Hills. It never receives any stocking from the state. The no fishing regulation is a city municipal code, not state penal code.
Don't know why anyone would want to fish it. It's a 2' deep cement duck pond with a fountain at one end.

DarkShadow
08-15-2016, 02:06 PM
FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION:

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others (http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/establishment_clause) and also restricting an individual’s religious practices (http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/free_exercise_clause). It guarantees freedom of expression (http://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/amdt1bfrag1_user.html#amdt1b_hd2) by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely.

Does that mean I can yell "fire!" in a crowded theater then go telling the judge that he's violating my 1st amendment rights because the 1st Amendment lets me speak freely? Please tell me you read the second paragraph in that civics class you took.

inthezone
08-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Does that mean I can yell "fire!" in a crowded theater then go telling the judge that he's violating my 1st amendment rights because the 1st Amendment lets me speak freely? Please tell me you read the second paragraph in that civics class you took.

why don't you try it and let me know. all I know is that I've used article 1 section 25 in court and the judge closed my case with no questions asked.